JDS Labs EL / OL DAC Owners (AK4490EQ DAC's with filter switch)
Jun 10, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #91 of 99
At 16/44 over USB, the only advantage of the EL would be the cool looking LED ring on the front and possibly the form factor. (I considered paying the extra for the EL’s wider chassis just so I could stack a Vali 2 on top of it.)
Actually El Dac is very beautiful, and it would look great under Magni 3, and the people talk that in this price range something like the Ol / El Dac is enough, after that there will only be real improvements with electronics like Gumby for top. :D

But to conclude ask me a question: For this dac can work at its maximum potential is it necessary to leave it on for hours or days?

Jul 5, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #92 of 99
20180705_170600_HDR_edited.jpeg
Finally a fully fledged JDS Labs speaker system! Using my Shanling M3s feed into a Singxer X1 Usb to Coax converter to feed into my El Dac /Ol Switcher/ Subjective 3 system feeding into my new JBL 305 Mk IIs

Still haven't fine tuned the room or placement but thus far I'm digging it!!

May 15, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #94 of 99
I recently got the EL Amp and like it so much I went ahead and got the EL Dac to go with it. I use a Modi Multibit right now and its a great day but I think the JDS Labs EL pairs better since it was made to go with the amp. Plus the EL Dac actually measure better than the Mimby. I don't know why the EL stack isn't more popular in the Head-Fi community.

May 15, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #95 of 99
I recently got the EL Amp and like it so much I went ahead and got the EL Dac to go with it. I use a Modi Multibit right now and its a great day but I think the JDS Labs EL pairs better since it was made to go with the amp. Plus the EL Dac actually measure better than the Mimby. I don't know why the EL stack isn't more popular in the Head-Fi community.

I also like the EL Dac & EL Amp set up, working right now to see what improvements it brings over EL Dac with Atom!

May 21, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #96 of 99
I'm really enjoying this setup a lot with the EL Amp & DAC. To me, it's got a cleaner more neutral sound than my Magni3 and Mimby setup because they had a much warmer characteristic overall. I don't really hear any coloration to the music so I feel it lets my headphones truly shine.

May 22, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #97 of 99
I'm really enjoying this setup a lot with the EL Amp & DAC. To me, it's got a cleaner more neutral sound than my Magni3 and Mimby setup because they had a much warmer characteristic overall. I don't really hear any coloration to the music so I feel it lets my headphones truly shine.

I get a simmilar sense from the EL Stack my self too!

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #98 of 99
So for those of your interested I've got a The Element all in one unit I've gotten permission to send out! Simply put if you'd like to hear The Element in your home PM me, not looking for reviewers but just people curious to hear it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back