JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC
Feb 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #331 of 3,417
Quote:
I saw yours and one other guy posted as well.  Only 2 tho!  Bunch of people must have received theirs since JDS started shipping them....I ordered mine yesterday but I guess I'm just too excited and can't wait for more impressions!

Oh man, this is the best thing ever!  I don't know how you could wait for one, you ordered with rocketmail 2 hour shipping right?!?!!!
I'd say its about Pi to E times a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. It will make your ears bleed awesomesauce, and your cochlea will grow unicorn horns! (They make everything insanely great!)

P.S. rocketmail was something the US did during the cold war while competing with the USSR for ridiculous things we do on a daily basis that we could do better. :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_mail

P.P.S.  Sorry thor777 I couldn't resist. :wink:

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #332 of 3,417
 DELAY ON C5 SHIPMENTS ANNOUNCED !

"Edit (Feb 26): Over 25% of C5 preorders have shipped. All PCBs have been tested and are awaiting final enclosure assembly. Our enclosure finishing contractors called this morning to report a 2-3 day delay, so remaining C5 orders will ship Feb 28 thru March 6."

I was wondering why there weren't others who had received their orders. I ordered very early on and have not received a shipment email. At least now we know why. *Twiddles thumbs while waiting for the week long delay*.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #334 of 3,417
Quote:

"Edit (Feb 26): Over 25% of C5 preorders have shipped. All PCBs have been tested and are awaiting final enclosure assembly. Our enclosure finishing contractors called this morning to report a 2-3 day delay, so remaining C5 orders will ship Feb 28 thru March 6."

I was wondering why there weren't others who had received their orders. I ordered very early on and have not received a shipment email. At least now we know why. *Twiddles thumbs while waiting for the week long delay*.

Well now I feel like a total *****. :frowning2:  Sorry thor.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #335 of 3,417
Quote:

My heart just sank. :p haha

Did my anodizing graphic break the anodizer? :p

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #337 of 3,417
Quote:
Quote:

My heart just sank. :p haha

Did my anodizing graphic break the anodizer? :p

I'm guessing you meant the laser engraving machine?....unless you asked for an exotic anodised colour such as hot pink. :p

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #339 of 3,417
I hope in future JDS goes with smaller emblom, it will both look better and it will save them time. Not a fan of excessive decoration on case. simplicity is the best.  

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #340 of 3,417
I'm guessing you meant the laser engraving machine?....unless you asked for an exotic anodised colour such as hot pink. :p

Yes I meant laser... Oops :p

From what I heard the delay was in fact cause by the engraver tool broken due to some elaborate design on one of the C5 pre-order.
So now I know who to blame for delaying me getting my hands on one 
angry_face.gif

deadhorse.gif

You HAVE to be kidding right?!!? That's not even funny if you're joking :-o

:-/

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #343 of 3,417
it sad to hear there is a delay... but it won't kill me as my work's business trip is still another 3 weeks away.
i can still wait...
basshead.gif
... i hope... ... 

for people that have received it, what is the sound stage like for the vocal and instrument compared to O2?

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #344 of 3,417
Quote:
it sad to hear there is a delay... but it won't kill me as my work's business trip is still another 3 weeks away.
i can still wait...
basshead.gif
... i hope... ... 

for people that have received it, what is the sound stage like for the vocal and instrument compared to O2?

To me the O2 and C5 sound very close to each other, but the O2 still sounds a bit more spacious and instruments seem more dynamic with more air between them.

I'll have to do a more careful listen between the two, but I've been really busy so I haven't had the chance.

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #345 of 3,417
Hi everyone I am new here butI did read this forum alot.
It seems the people on this forum are nice so I joined.
But now on topic I ordered one also yesterday I am going to use it with a beyerdynamic DT1350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back