JDS Labs ATOM Amp
Jul 15, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #443 of 641
Only reason to get the sp200 is for the extra features, really. I would say build quality since the atom is light and plasticky, but I hear more about higher priced chi-fi gear failing than cheap jds stuff, so.

And don't forget the scratchy volume pot on the Schiit Magni, which you don't hear about with the Atom.

Jul 15, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #446 of 641
And don't forget the scratchy volume pot on the Schiit Magni, which you don't hear about with the Atom.
Can confirm, I have owned both.

Jul 16, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #447 of 641
What headphones does your sp200 and JDS Labs pair with?
i also haev both and can say that i like the atom more than sp200 if you dont need the extra power for less sensitve cans.The atom has a more realistic sound in my opinion with better bass response and dynamics (same quantity, better quality). In my opinion, if you can live with the atom's plastic build and lower power, it is the better choice.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #448 of 641
i also haev both and can say that i like the atom more than sp200 if you dont need the extra power for less sensitve cans.The atom has a more realistic sound in my opinion with better bass response and dynamics (same quantity, better quality). In my opinion, if you can live with the atom's plastic build and lower power, it is the better choice.
Can you confirm if the Atom will correctly drive my Aiva? please help me

Jul 17, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #450 of 641
Can you confirm if the Atom will correctly drive my Aiva? please help me

I'm listening now for the first time to a new M570 (same driver as Sendy Aiva) and on the Atom and it's driving it just fine. I've been on low gain, not past about 2:00 on the pot. It's fed by a Grace SDAC, fwiw. I think it did sound a little better balanced on the THX 789 at home, but I haven't done enough listening to tell if it's the extra power or the balanced or both that makes that difference.

Bottom line, I'm happy with this driver on the Atom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back