JDS Labs Atom $100 Amp?
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Caguioa

100+ Head-Fier
only $100, is it really worth price point compared to other high end amp?
Heard it was good eough to drive 300hm cans (hd800S)

Should it be pair with the other $100 El Dac by JDS

I also been recommended the Objective2 ODAC Rev b by JDS and should that be paired with JDS Atom?

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 12
The Atom @ 100 buck is killer nothing comes close mate all I can say :)

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #3 of 12
I would have bought one myself, but it lacked enough inputs for my purposes unfortunately.

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #4 of 12
Totally agree that one or 2 more Imputs would have been killer but then no other amps would ever get sold up to the THX lol.

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 12
I bought one a couple months ago and I like it because it has a nice smooth sound.

Another good thing is that it’s small and easy to carry around if you decide to take it to another room or perhaps a vacation apartment so it will travel easy in your luggage.

It’s not my favorite amp but it has positive traits that are attractive and I really like the small size so it will fit in so many places and travel well.

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 12
Aad of course, another thing I like is the affordable price point.

If you pair it with a Sennheiser HD 600 and a good budget DAC, you can get a really nice sounding rig without the madness of breaking the bank.

Focus on the music rather than upgrading gear and I think most people will be happy with a very respectable budget but quality rig.

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #8 of 12
Yes it has enough power for HD800s. Yes, it's rather spectacular at $100. Yes, it's better than everything else in class and everything else significantly above class. It has a tremendously black background.
You aren't going to get anything remotely as good for $100.

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #9 of 12
Yes it has enough power for HD800s. Yes, it's rather spectacular at $100. Yes, it's better than everything else in class and everything else significantly above class. It has a tremendously black background.
You aren't going to get anything remotely as good for $100.

Well, as a Liquid Spark owner I'd have to say that's a least debatable...

Jun 8, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #10 of 12
Well, as a Liquid Spark owner I'd have to say that's a least debatable...

The Atom measures objectively better. There's no real debate. I have a garage1217 Project Polaris and while it's known to be a good amp, subjectively it sounds like it's coming through a wall vs the Atom.The Atom is clean/clear and black.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #12 of 12
Unfortuatly the liquid is monoprice monolith ( not massdrop sorry ) not so easy a choice in the UK with returns and such, Atom has a dealer and we all need one of them lol :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back