Jazz at Costco?!
Jul 28, 2001 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
Yes, it's true... I was at Costco today and they had the remastered versions of Kind of Blue and Dave Brubeck Quartet's "Time Out"... for $7.99!

These are two of the classic jazz albums of all time, and these versions are a deal at $15. I already had the Miles album but I jumped at Time Out.

If you have a Costco near you, and you don't own Kind of Blue, go get it immediately
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2001 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 10
MacDEF - i couldn't believe the walgreens by you had MDs. But this?! This is ridiculous!

Jul 30, 2001 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 10
Costco has a boat load of CDs and DVDs for dirt cheap. Of course, you have to buy a case-load of them -- and who wants 144 copies of the same CD? [just kidding]

Aug 2, 2001 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 10
I just went to the A&B Sound website, and it turns our that they got the remastered 'Kind of Blue' cd for $6.66 US, or $9.79 Canadian.

***But there's one thing I'm wondering about: it says it only has 6 songs, is this a different version than the one you guys are talking about?
The tracks are:
1. So what
2. freddie freeloader
3. blue in green
4. all blues
5. flamenco sketches
6. flamenco sketches (altenative take_)

Aug 2, 2001 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

MacDEF,

Is that Time Out HDCD?

No, it's the "20-bit remaster" from Sony/Columbia (I think that was the label).

But our CD player won't decode HDCD anyway
wink.gif

P.S. Jude, maybe my user title should be "Jude's evil equipment twin"
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2001 at 10:41 PM Post #9 of 10
MacDEF,

Are you sure it's not HDCD? Can you kindly look carefully (usually in very small print) for the logo that looks something like this:

hdcd_logo.gif

.....either on the CD itself (usually can be found there), and/or on the packaging somewhere? Again, it's usually in very small print.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back