Jays launching seven new products Spring 2010 - incl. x-JAYS quadro armature universal IEM
Feb 17, 2010 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 147

Sayajin

100+ Head-Fier
This was actually been posted once here before but not so very highlighted to all of you. Then I liked to made a new thread about these exiting news.

Jays is planning to release seven new products this coming spring. (Q2)

Some of them are a-JAYS and t-JAYS which are two new series of dynamic-drive IEMs available in three different styles.
Each style will be named One, Two or Three. Each will comes with different kinds of accesories and will also each differ a little in finish and sound quality.

Update 14.04.10
You can read more about the t-JAYS here:
t-JAYS' page
In Ear Matters: t-JAYS: Three to Tango

Prices for t-jays will going to be as followed:

Retail excluding VAT
t-JAYS 79.99USD
t-JAYS Two 89.99USD
t-JAYS Three 99.99USD

Some info about the a-JAYS here:
a-JAYS' page

Update 26.07.10 All t- and a-JAYS models were released. (Thanks ClieOS for the note)

-

More interesting is their new flagship IEM x-JAYS which are said to be the world’s smallest in-ear phone with a quadro armature.
tongue_smile.gif

t-jays_sneak_preview_pressrelease_20100215b_large.jpg

I believe Jays going to be the first brand with a quad drive universal. I could think other brands going to follow up on this later maybe. If it gonna happen this year, time will tell. 

Also, customs molds will be available for your existing iem's like for the q-Jays. (Check post 15)

For now, you can check the links below for additional information, go read on or visit Jays homepage.

Thanks to Peter Cedmer for posting up all this great news.
beerchug.gif

Jays - Jays launching seven new products

Jays launching seven new headphones: a-Jays, t-Jays, x-Jays, more? | TouchMyApps

Jays - Jays launching seven new products - MyNewsdesk

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 147
at what point do you think people will start purchasing 16 driver iems before realizing a good dynamic driver can work just as well, if not better...

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #10 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at what point do you think people will start purchasing 16 driver iems before realizing a good dynamic driver can work just as well, if not better...

A dynamic driver can perform as well as a series of BA drivers, but the sound signatures aren't the same. I have yet to come across a dynamic driver IEM that gives me those super crystal clear highs, and that crisp ring that you get in the highs and high mids. All dynamics that i have come across tend to be darker, and warmer compared to BA drivers.

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #11 of 147
I've always liked the jays, but their prices just aren't competitive enough, against phonaks / re0s etc...
Quad driver!? Crazy. PFEs are single driver and many people reckon they stack up pretty well against 3x driver IEMs, so quality over quantity I say.

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #12 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just 4 drivers (with 2 or 3 way crossover) or does it have 4 way crossover?

It all depends. They can be even 1way though it's not an aim when using 2 dual drivers. I assume they are 3 or 4 ways. Also I have known that jays are coming with new models, like 2 weeks ago. Although I didn't know any particular spec I assumed that jays must be working on 4-driver earphone. That was easy to guess since their top-tier is dual driver q-jays, they must compete on driver quantity with Westone, Shure, UE and so one, because "the more the better" which is not true, but it sells. Plus they [jays] like to keep things smallest possible. There're only two drivers which can match jays miniaturisation - TWFK and 4400 Sonion. Looking at x-jays size (10mm) I am sure that they use 2x (probably propietary) 4400 driver.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back