Jaybird MMCX Bluetooth cable cutting out
Nov 29, 2017 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

abrody

New Head-Fier
Using the cable with MEE Pinnacle P2s. It seems like there's a bad connection to the left IEM, as it's constantly cutting in and out, sometimes with the slightest head movements and other times when still. What's strange is that the issue is worse when I'm out, there are virtually no cut-outs when I'm home. But I can't see how it's interference with the BT connection as the right IEM never cuts out. Ultimate Ears' suggestion was to clean the connectors, but that hasn't helped. Any advice?

Nov 29, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 7
My first thought was clean it. Sounds more mechanical. Presumably you are walkin around more when out? Could be loose wire in the earphone or in the cable - have you other kit so you can isolate the issue? I.e. try cable with different buds and buds with different cable?

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 7
My first thought was clean it. Sounds more mechanical. Presumably you are walkin around more when out? Could be loose wire in the earphone or in the cable - have you other kit so you can isolate the issue? I.e. try cable with different buds and buds with different cable?

thanks for the response. i've cleaned, tried with Pinnacle P1s and P2s, and tried with 2 different BT cables (UE replaced the original very quickly at no cost. commendable). Could it be that this cable just doesn't play nice with the Pinnacles' MMCX connectors?

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 7
thanks for the response. i've cleaned, tried with Pinnacle P1s and P2s, and tried with 2 different BT cables (UE replaced the original very quickly at no cost. commendable). Could it be that this cable just doesn't play nice with the Pinnacles' MMCX connectors?

What device is the Bluetooth cable connected too?

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 7
Have you tried it with any other devices?

it generally works fine with my chromebook; however, i've never tried it outside of the house w/ the chromebook. it seems the issue is worsened when i'm out. but this also doesn't make sense to me, as I have a pair of jaybird freedoms (ie. same bluetooth connection) that generally work fine outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back