Jaybird Freedom review, bluetooth cuts out!
Apr 25, 2012 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

MetalElvis

100+ Head-Fier
Just got the Jaybird Freedom JF3 earbuds and they were a big disappointment. Mainly because the music keeps cutting out. I keep my iPhone in my jean´s left pocket and the music cuts out all the time. Switching the iPhone to the right pocket helped a littlebit, but it was still pretty much unusable. I basically have to hold the phone up in my right hand while walking or get an armband, which I definitely don´t like. So I wouldn´t call these earbuds "Freedom", more like a "Prison".

It´s a shame because the audio quality was actually pretty decent for the price, but enjoying that audio quality was just impossible!

Are there any better earbuds out there? I don´t care what the price! Kinda getting frustrated searching for quality wireless earbuds.

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 17
You can use those headphones that use that KLEER Wireless 2.4Ghz technology. There's no way any wireless headphones will sound better than wired headphones of the same price unfortunately, because of the money that goes into that technology.

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #5 of 17

Quote:
You can use those headphones that use that KLEER Wireless 2.4Ghz technology. There's no way any wireless headphones will sound better than wired headphones of the same price unfortunately, because of the money that goes into that technology.

Yeah. I don´t really care if the audio quality is not the best when I´m walking/running around, but the music can´t cut out!

I don´t find much info about KLEER. What are some great KLEER headphones/earbuds? I know the Sennheiser mx w1 is pretty expensive, but I can´t find much info about it anywhere or even a shop where to get them. And also I read they have only 2-3h usage and don´t these KLEER headphones have to use some sort of dongle in the phone? That would a huge con!

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 17
I've heard the Sennheiser MX W1 in the past. Definitely not worth the money. It was practically like paying $600 (here in Australia) for something that sounded as good as a pair of $200 earbuds. I don't know too about different wireless stuff that wont stuff you around, its a bit of an oddity around here.

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
I've heard the Sennheiser MX W1 in the past. Definitely not worth the money. It was practically like paying $600 (here in Australia) for something that sounded as good as a pair of $200 earbuds. I don't know too about different wireless stuff that wont stuff you around, its a bit of an oddity around here.

Yeah. And there definitely is a dongle, pretty big one too. So that´s a dealbreaker!

Damn it, why can´t the future be here already! I want to listen music wirelessly without the music cutting out. Is that too much to ask in 2012? :frowning2:

Frustrating!!!

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #9 of 17
Sleek SA6s with Kleer wireless dongle also cut out from jean pocket. I have to clip the dongle with Sansa Clip to my collar. So I don't thing Kleer's range is a lot better than Bluetooth. The Sleek's dongle is a tiny bit smaller than Sansa Clip.

I am going to try an armband next month using iPhone. MetalElvis, what is wrong with using an armband with Bluetooth? There is that Grantwood brand iPhone armband that allows access to all ports and it got good reviews from runners.

Edit: Keep in mind that iPhone with SIM card may produce static noise, if transmitter or amp is too close to SIM. If you take out the SIM card, then static noise will be eliminated.

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #10 of 17
I have not used them but you may Want to check out Sony's new XBA-BT75 which are part if there new series of balanced armature earphones. They apparently when connected to an iPhone 4S at comfortable playing at 30 feet and that's not statistics but what reviewer has tested is could be promising.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #11 of 17
I don´t feel comfortable using an armband. I don´t like anything wrapped around my arm. I like to keep my phone in my jean´s pocket, where I can grab it really fast. Plus I don´t want to look like a dork! :D

That Sony model looks promising with the Bluetooth 3.0. I didn´t realise there was a Bluetooth 3.0. I checked that iPhone 4 and the Jaybird still has Bluetooth 2.1, so maybe that´s the reason for the cuts out. Simply just old crappy technology.

I´m not upgrading to 4S which has the 3.0, so I´m going to have to suffer still 6 months until the iPhone 5 is released. :frowning2:

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
That Sony model looks promising with the Bluetooth 3.0. I didn´t realise there was a Bluetooth 3.0. I checked that iPhone 4 and the Jaybird still has Bluetooth 2.1, so maybe that´s the reason for the cuts out. Simply just old crappy technology.

I´m not upgrading to 4S which has the 3.0.

So will the Sony ones not be able to connect with an iPhone 4 because of the lack of bluettoth it has. Im sure it'll be able to connect otherwise to have a major loss in audience. I think the sound would be quite special on it as well!

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #13 of 17

Quote:

So will the Sony ones not be able to connect with an iPhone 4 because of the lack of bluettoth it has. Im sure it'll be able to connect otherwise to have a major loss in audience. I think the sound would be quite special on it as well!

That I don´t know. I´m quessing it will work, but it probably won´t give any better connection/performance.

Hope someone here has better knowledge about this?

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #14 of 17
Is their no way of testing it? I reckon it's should be good. My dad has an iPhone 4 and he uses the apple Bluetooth headset and encounters not a problem with connectivity and it works from miles away. I've got a feeling the jay bird is not very good. I think Sony wouldn't risk releasing a product of that price which does not work that well. If it did have problems I'm sure youd get a full refund!

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
Is their no way of testing it? I reckon it's should be good. My dad has an iPhone 4 and he uses the apple Bluetooth headset and encounters not a problem with connectivity and it works from miles away. I've got a feeling the jay bird is not very good. I think Sony wouldn't risk releasing a product of that price which does not work that well. If it did have problems I'm sure youd get a full refund!

I think these sort of products cannot be tested or returned if the package has been opened and the product was used. But it seems like a good product, might have to think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back