Jan Meier Appreciation Thread
Apr 2, 2004 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

grinch

Cognac....icky.Scotch....icky.Vodka....
before head-fi, there was headwize, and although i'm not a super oldschool reader there, i do recall its hay-day before head-fi. it was the original source of headphone enthusiasm for me, and led me to buy my first "good" headphones and amp.

anyway, jan meier was a huge supporter of the community way before i even heard of head-fi. before he started a business to further supply the community with quality headphones and amps without huge prices, he gave both designs and support to the community.

i think in recent times, headphone enthusiasts have forgotten (or just plain don't know) who really helped keep this whole thing going. so in honor of the ppl and gilmore appreciation threads, i'm starting one for dr. meier.

thanks for helping the community and being a great seller and designer over the years.

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 33
//I'll stand in this line//

I've never exchanged anything with Jan, but feel I somehow know him after having spent so many hours reading his material on Headwize, Head-Fi, and on his own site as well.

Very knowledgeable (of course), but also seems like a genuinely down to earth guy. The prototypical 'gentleman and a scholar' type.

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 33
I can get behind this idea

Jan has been here from the early days and the headwize project articles were up before there ever was a meier audio

Best part is ,even now there are no "hidden" designs and everything is there to copy (ONE of please
wink.gif
) if you so desire or just see what is going on if you prefer the finshed product or kit

cheers jan

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:51 AM Post #4 of 33
I remember when Meier Audio got started -- Jan did a group buy of 40-odd Sennheiser HD600s for a price much lower than any of the retailers here sold them for.

The Meier / Apheared discussions are very interesting reading if you look back that far in the HeadWize archives.

Here's to Dr. Jan!
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 33
Jan is passionate about his hobby, and a wonderful person to do business with. I will most certainly buy another one of his products again. Keep up the great work Jan! Thanks
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 33
Jan Meier ROCKS!

My first Headphone purchase, first Headphone amp purchase, first Internet Purchase and first overseas purchase was from Meier Audio. The positive comments and high regard for Jan put me at ease and the transaction couldn’t have been smoother or more satisfying.

I really appreciate his continued support of Head-Fi and his continued pursuit of Audio Excellence.

Thank You

Mitch

Apr 2, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 33
I haven't had the opportunity to buy anything from Meier Audio as yet but I've talked with Jan through email in the past. He is very knowledgable and answered any questions I've had, he's just a great guy to deal with. The headphone community would not be the same without him.

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

My first Headphone purchase, first Headphone amp purchase, first Internet Purchase and first overseas purchase was from Meier Audio.

Ditto! Jan helped open my eyes (and ears) to true headphone hi-fi.

Thanks, Jan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 3:25 PM Post #10 of 33
I love my PreHead!!

Thanks, Jan.

Apr 2, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #11 of 33
Never mind the great things that Meier Audio does from a retail standpoint, the intelligence and the passion that Jan has for this specific nitch in audio is contagious. Add to that his willingness to share his intellect, it is truly astounding.

Dr. Meier, you have my unwavering respect and admiration.

Apr 2, 2004 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 33
I've got the Oehlbach cable for my HD 580's. These are very well built to Jan Meier's specifications and a very significant sonic improvement for much less than the other upgrade cables. Jan's shipped them promptly. Well packaged in such a way that it didn't draw the attention of customs officials, so I didn't pay any steep Brazilian import duties. Thank you Jan for a great service and a job well done!

Cheers!
Alex
580smile.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #13 of 33
An asset to our community, without a doubt. Three cheers for Dr. Meier!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #14 of 33
Dr. Meier has always been a great asset to the head-fi and headphone communty and I consider him a friend. I look forward to his continued involvement and great new products,which look mighty tasty. Thanks a lot Dr. Meier.

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #15 of 33
Hey Voodoochile..............now that's an avatar!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back