Jamiroquai: Travelling Without Moving
May 22, 2005 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
I haven't listened to this cd in ages and just the other day i found this album stored on a cdr at work so i popped it in and listened to it. I found myself grooving to the beats and figured i should give this a try at home that night.

With my Baby O's this cd has that "vinyl sound" to it. Warm is the word to describe it. No digital nastiness to speak of at all! Pretty good imaging to boot with vocals (at times) and instrument separation (again, at times). I also found myself enjoying the tunes and getting a kick out of the instrumentals "Didjerama" and "Didjital Vibrations" which come off as "chill out" tunes. Just turn off the lights, lay down and close your eyes and let your imagination go along with the music.

So, anyone listen to this cd at all? What are your thoughts? I'm actually interested in looking for music more along the lines of Jamiroquai.

May 22, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 10
I have the disc as well and I enjoy it. It has been quite a while since I listened to it. Since I am pulling other CDs out to hear on my new Tangent-built PPAv2, I should give TWM another listen as well. I remember there are a few songs that I enjoy on the album.

May 22, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 10
Jamiroquai was one of my fav bands, until Stuart Zender (bass) left.
"Travelling..." is a good album but "The Return Of The Space Cowboy" is even better (the bass in "Mr. Moon" still gives me spine tingles).

I like "Didjital Vibrations" a lot too (sit back, relax, enjoy).

May 23, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #4 of 10
I played this disc again, and it does sound smooth and has some relaxing songs. For me, though, nothing reaches out and grabs me, nothing has a lasting effect, none of the songs make we want to play them again. Hard to put into words, maybe, but once I've played it, enjoyed the mood and tempo of it, it is then quickly forgotten.

May 23, 2005 at 12:43 PM Post #5 of 10
Ah travelling without moving, the second album I ever bought. I still love it today even though my music tastes have shifted drastically, and I hate the **** jay kay puts out these days. My favourite album is Emergency on Planet Earth though, if you look past the hippy lyrics it's some really great acid jazz. Love the use of the didg.

Space cowboy never did it for me, I was always put off by the terribly muddy recording quality (oh and that annoying song 'scam').

May 23, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lollercheese
My favourite album is Emergency on Planet Earth though, if you look past the hippy lyrics it's some really great acid jazz. Love the use of the didg.

First album -> Hippy lyrics
Third album -> Ferrari and Lamborghini

It's interesting to see how fast opinions change.

Anyway, I still love "Emergency..." too.

May 28, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 10
Had this sitting around for a while, shoved it in then (just for you gloco
wink.gif
) and will get back to you soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers
Jake

May 28, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 10
Travelling is what got me hooke on the J in the first place. Loved the album, subtle bass tones. Got all of them, although synkronised wasn't as funky. LOVED the Verona Concert DVD. Are we all looking forward to Dynamite album in June? I know I am.

May 28, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #9 of 10
That was awsome
smily_headphones1.gif

Was much more chilled than I thort it would have been, but somehow manages to keep the J funk to it.

Thanks for the heads up
cool.gif

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #10 of 10
Jamiroquai... one of my three main artists/bands. Cosmic Girl was pretty much the first song I'd ever loved and been playing the album over 13 years now. Mr. Zender got me hooked on his bass playing and so now I do that at well. I think every Jamiroquai album has it's own charm, at least up to Synkronized... the ones after that have suffered under the disappearing of the key members (Zender: bass Smith: Keys and Buchanan: Yiddaki) and now Jamiroquai just isn't Jamiroquai any longer.. Still the things they've put out before is here to stay, at least as far as I'm concerned. It's a real shame btw that my DT990 can't really get the band's vibe on it's own; I needed quite some time and money to make it happen. I'm now running them like this: MacBook > HRT Microstreamer > QED cable > Musical Fidelity X-can V8P > DT990 250Ω. I'm dying to try it out on my newly acquired HD580, but I'm still waiting on new padding for that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back