James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 16, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #272 of 428
This is very generous of you, James!
I haven't bothered to look through all these pages to read what others have posted, but I personally would be very interested in hearing the CKS70s or FX500s. I'm a bit of a basshead and from what I've seen around, these are great options for bass fans. I've heard the Atrios are good too, but I've also read they have somewhat flimsy construction which turns me off from them.

I've heard the FX500s have better bass than the IE8s that I own but that they have more prominent highs. I've wanted to compare them, but I haven't been able to justify the cost in my current situation.

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #273 of 428
Wow this is very generous of you! 

I'd really like to listen to the FX500s!  About a month ago, I was deciding on a new iem to get that had a fun sound signature with a good amount of bass, yet still had clarity.  I wanted to choose between the FX500s, the HJE900s, and the Fischer Audio Eternas, ultimately picking the eternas because those were the cheapest.  I still want to listen to the FX500s though to compare.

The other earphones I've seen in reviews like in |joker|'s thread, and would love to expand my knowledge of various types of earphones.

I sure hope to win! :]

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #274 of 428
Generous giveaway, the A5's grab my attention. Heard them at a meet and liked then ever since.

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #275 of 428
Thanks for the opportunity James,

Random number generator says, "I choose you Poetik!"

^_^*

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #276 of 428
Very kind of u. :)
I don't have any experience with high end IEM, i have NE-6 and PL-50 right now and i was planing to get my first high end iem for about 200-250$ and i got suggestions for TF10 and i searched for them but couldn't find them in that price range, so i decided to get a hippo VB for now and get TF10 later when ever i get a good deal, last night i saw a post and i came to know that i can have IE8(my first choice) for about 320$ so now i am planning to buy them.(might take a month atleast)
i wanna try out different IEM so see how they sound as almost every IEM i have tried same songs seem new and different with every new IEM.on my quest of new IEM i have already spent atleast a week reading reviews discutions of various IEMs likw DBA-2, eterna, TF10, klipsch custom 3, IE7,IE8, hippo vb and many more.
I am most intrested to know how ATH-CK100 and Atrio M5 would sound
CK100: from what i have read they are very balanced and have very good midrange and treble. I do prefer NE-6 over PL-50 due to bass but mids and highs of pl-50 are awesome and i want to listen a better IEM that pl-50
Atrio M5 is a good choice for basshead(i love lots bass does that qualify be as a basshead :p) bass has great depth.
ATH-CKM70 are very colored IEMs and have good depth of bass likeFX500

I'll cross my finger and see how lucky i am. :)

thanks for the opportunity James

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #277 of 428
I've always been very interested in the FX500s, seeing as it is that the timbre and the rather natural sound reproduction have been always praised, added to the fact that i've seen it a lot being compared against the DBAs which I currently own and love. Never tried it before cos it's impossible to get in Singapore, would like to though :)
The CK100s pique my interest as well, since I've always been a stickler for clarity and speed in an IEM :) That added to its fantastic build quality.
Thanks James for doing this!

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #278 of 428
Thanks for this opportunity James. 

Audio Technica CK100:  Top tier universal, triple balanced armature.  Comes with smaller than average tips, complements its small driver housing.  Very warm midrange, bass shy, audio technica IEM "house sound."  Nice headphones, but far from neutral.

JVC FX500:  The "JVC Woodies."  Excellent build quality, in materials and workmanship.  Great cabling, but poor strain relief.  Distinctly V-shaped frequency response, and like the CK100 a polarizing headphone. 

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #279 of 428
I've heard about the V-shaped sound of the Audio-technica's, seems like they match my metal preference.

As for the Atrio's, who HASNT been told of the massive bass on those.

Looking forward to the chance to hear any of these babies :D

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #282 of 428
Wow, really generous James ! Count me in :)
I always wanted to hear how the ck100's sound, as I own the ck10 and love them, and lot of people say that the ck100 is not an upgrade and more like simply different from the ck10's, I wonder which one I'd like more.

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #283 of 428
Awesome man, count me in for this offer!

Really eager for the FX500 or CK100.

The CK100 is out of reach here in my country, the local distro barely stocks any AT IEM's - I'd love to do a full review on those and comparing them to the other top-tier universals i've heard (Senn IE8, Westone UM3X and 3, UE TF10, etc).

I'm interested in the FX500 mainly for the impressions that it's a less laid back version of the IE8 with natural timbre.

Aug 16, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #284 of 428
Hi james, what a wonderfully selfless thing to do
smile_phones.gif

I've been meaning to comment on this thread for ages, but haven't had much time to browse lately. Anyway, I just wanted to say that what you're doing is incredibly kind and thoughtful. You could have made quite a bit of money selling off all your IEM's, and instead, you're donating them for free. Thanks to you, other members will get to own a very decent IEM that they might never have got to try if it weren't for your generosity.

Happy Six-Year Anniversary by the way!

To the winners: You all owe james a BIG one....
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back