James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 8, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #137 of 428
Quote:
By the way, just out of curiosity, James, have you consider getting custom earphone?

No koonhua, at least not yet. Though I must admit your impressions of the JH16 are tempting. But for the time being I'm so happy and content with the FI-BA-SS, e-Q7 and FX700. Alas we know that upgraditis is a sleeping virus that can break out again without prior warning.

On second thought, who would care about a giveaway thread for customs anyway?
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #138 of 428
I did do some research to find out about the sound of the iems mentioned above. The FX500 , atrio M5 and the PR2 are bassy iems. the pr1 pro is more neutral. I also heard that the ATH- CK100 is very nice for its price. I wasn't able to dig up much on the cmk70 though. I expect it is good though. and yes, i wouldn't mind winning any of these iems. Upgraditis is hitting me hard right now and well... my wallet is already crying. And, thanks for the giveaway. the only thing better than free music is free headphones. :) free *legal* music at that. 

edit: the ck100 sounds like a really nice set and is comparable to the se530 from shure. looks like i'm gonna have to muster all thew luck i can get because i would love a listen of some awesome high end iem sound! Of course, if i win any other ones, i would be happy with that as well. can't beat the price of free.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #140 of 428
Thanks James for putting a bit of hope into the lives of your fellow Headfiers
bigsmile_face.gif

I'd like to try the FX500 as it apparently has very good bass and has been recommended on this site to a lot of bassheads.
I am quiet happy with the bass on my RE0s, but would like the chance to have my socks blown off with the bass response of the FX500s.
If this thread keeps going the way it is, there will just as much change of winning one of these fantastic IEMs as there is in winning the lottery.
k701smile.gif

Good Luck to everyone.

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #141 of 428
Congrats on your 6th anniversary james :D im still on my 2nd-ish year lol.

Anyway hope i get the chance to try our these iems, mainly the ck100/fx500/atrio m5 and thanks for your generosity! :)

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #142 of 428
Congratulation James444 for your 6th year in Head-Fi. The knowledge you have imparted to everyone here is immense. Giving back to this wonderful community is truly admiring.

I don't really know much about the IEMs being givin' away.
I don't deserve the top 2 picks, and I won't even bother to try.

But I would love to have one of those IEMs.

Again, congratulations, more power to you. :)

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #144 of 428
Nice to see there's a lot of interest here. However as it happened to most of us we hadn't heard the majority of the headphones mentioned (at least I haven't), but knew the existence of them.

Good luck everyone and thanks james444

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #145 of 428
Wow James, thank you for the simple opportunity and possibility of winning a set of IEM's.

I have been eye-balling the Atrio M5's for some time now, considering I enjoy an IEM that inserts deep. Also, they have been rated as a "fun" IEM that has deep base as well as clear ad punchy sound.

I however would be thrilled just to win any pair that you are putting up. Thanks again James!

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #147 of 428
Wow.... in Christmas mood, James?? Really good for you to give out those nice IEMs for free. Out of those 6, i only had 1 in my possesion before. Hope whoever won those IEMs, be really grateful cuz Christmas coming a quarter earlier LOL

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #149 of 428
This is an unbelievable generous move. It proves how much you can get out of this place. I too have learned a lot here and I try to give something back whenever I can. My headphone count is still very limited, though.

*drool over CK100*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back