James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #301 of 428
Very generous of you, very nice gesture.

I'm glad I found this thread, it would be cool to win something, I'd be happy with the CKM70s.

Cheers, start thinking what you're going to give away 6 years from now : )

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #302 of 428
its probably been said before but what a generous and interesting give away!! the ath ckm70 seems mysterious...not much info on them except that they seem to have a "v" shaped sound sig with a possible need for amp. i bet the ck100 will be the first to go as it's probably on most peoples wish list, mine included of course! with 3 balanced armatures, balanced sound, perfect female vocals and heavy price tag (for me); it would be a great experience to get to try at least once before i die! good luck to all and thanks again james444 for doing such a cool thing!!

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #303 of 428
3 years before i got myself an ipod classic  ... since then i cant stop reading about headphones, IEMs, Amps, sources (and getting them ....somehow .....indian customs are a bitch when it comes to audio products)
I sold off my i pod ofcourse ...as of now i have AKG K702, Maverick D1 DAC/amp., Image S4 and a Nationite S:flo2  (stuck in the customs for about 15 days now) Soon ill be preordering the HiFiMAN HM-602 ( with RE262 free !!)
I am also very interested in IEMs like DBA-02 and ATH-CK10 ( infact i was about to order DBA-02 if not for HM-602 preorder) they have been praised for their natural and detailed sound. Cant write much about them as i have not hear them.....but by the revies they sure seem to suit me.
when i saw your generous give away .....i thought maybe ..just maybe!! ..I could try the CK10 big-bro on the HM-602( as there's no way ill be buying CK 100 in the near future cause my next upgrade will have to be HD800 with an amp good enough for it)

Aug 19, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #304 of 428
I am most curious about the FX500 as well now after reading the more recent well-researched primers. It would seem that it may have heavy bass that is actually natural sounding, and well integrated with the rest of the spectrum. While I would be more apt to try and save up for the FX700 if I were in the market, I would like to hear if they really can pull this off. If I won them and wanted to keep them, I would give away another pair of headphones of equal or greater value, what a great concept this giveaway is.

Aug 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #306 of 428
Would love the chance to win the CKM70. I would immediately give the pair to a good friend who's unfortunately short on cash and has had 2 IEMs (Denons) die on her; she's a music teacher and can appreciate quality 'phones, but she lacks the cash to buy a good pair herself.

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #307 of 428
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #309 of 428
I would love to hear the Future Sonics Atrio M5s and compare the difference to my FS1s.  I believe they both use the MG5 drivers, but the Atrio M5s specification-wise produce more bass.  I wonder if there is a huge difference in the low end though? 

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #310 of 428
A great initiative...!

I have not heard to any of these IEM's. So can not comment on any of them. Even though I have read a lot of good things about the CK100s and always wished to own one. But the price was too high for me. 

Also I have always wondered how much bass the Atrio's produce, but never got a chance to try them. 

I currently own M9's and now I have ordered a pair of Brainwavz M1 and eagerly waiting for it to arrive. 
smile.gif

Anyways my advanced congrats to the winners..!

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #311 of 428
Thanks again to everyone for your kind words! I will leave this open to new contestants until the weekend.
After that ... drum rolls.
popcorn.gif

Quote:

[size=10pt]I have been watching this thread from the day its started, and finally it gave me some reason to become a member of this fantastic community after such a long time, considering I don’t own nor afford to own any high-end pair of ear-phones, hence have nothing to say of any value here that hasn’t been said before, the best I ever owned being the PX100. Being a student sucks in this way!!! 2 more years, ughhh!![/size]

[size=10pt]Was waiting for the 600th post, but couldn’t hold myself longer anymore, so here it is...[/size]
[size=10pt]...[/size]
[size=10pt]...[/size]

Hey, glad you didn't wait for the 600th post because then you would have missed the contest. BTW awesome first post!

Quote:
What kind of cactus is that on the far left in the white pot?.... <coolface>.......
Yur cactus collection is pretty cool tho.

The cactus collection is in fact my wife's, but neither one of us was able to make out this handwriting.
tongue.gif

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #312 of 428
just remember the name James -  'Bennyboy71'.  Repeat it like a mantra.

Aug 20, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #314 of 428
I've been lurking here for ages, in between various other forums I get sucked into while I'm suppose to be working. I finally decided to join up the other day so I could post stuff being how I finally have some FS m5's. It seems like I picked a good time. I ended up with IEMs cause it's easier for the bus and less noise for everyone in the office who are sick of my px100.

Thanks for the love James
smile.gif
, being how I just got the m5's and was considering another iem (a more analytical one) for comparison I guess I'll hang off for 3 days and see how my luck is running.

And damn you head-fi as I'm already looking for my next purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back