Jambo DAC
Jun 21, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #181 of 221
Pete - the SPDIF config bit has the pull-up/down resistors for the WM8805. Normally, they're set to tell it to operate in software mode and not much else - but you can also by changing these operate it in hardware mode. Useful to have for debugging, but once you've got it working best left alone.

Decayed.cell - not sure, will have to look, but remember those caps aren't the ones that come with the kit - they're the 25V Rubycons, the kit will have the 10V ones, they're significantly shorter.

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #184 of 221
Hi everyone, just to let you know that I can only ship kits for one more week due to my move abroad. In an effort to try and shift these remaining kits quickly I am offering postage to anywhere at the UK price.

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #185 of 221
Hi Jambo,

I've been loosely following your DAC and I'm pretty interested in it. I read that you are moving abroad and was wondering if you would still be available for any support in the Jambo DAC build thread after you move?

Also how much would 1 kit be shipped to Portland, Oregon in the USA?

Aug 21, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #186 of 221
ak40ozKevin, I will reply to the thread as often as I can, I just can't guarantee the rapid responses that I am putting in at the moment!

I'm currently offering postage worldwide at £4 so total cost £89. Paypal charge pretty hefy fees though so if paying by paypal please add an extra £2 (the fees will be around £4).

Jambo.

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #188 of 221
Hey Jambo,

How do I place an order for one of your kits?

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #189 of 221
Sputnik, best plan is to PM me then we can take it from there. I accept payment by paypal though, it's very straightforward so long as you remember that I can't ship til January.

May 22, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #191 of 221
I bought the Jambo DAC kit over a year ago and planned to build it. But, then I moved and the project got sidetracked. To make a long story short, I don't have time to build this and I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future. So, rather than see this go to waste, this post is an interest call for any DIYer wanting a go at the Jambo DAC. **edit -- TAKEN -- edit**

Many thanks to Jambo for releasing this project.

May 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #195 of 221
free2dev,

Thanks for the interest, I see you left no stones unturned while trying to contact me!

Yes I still have some left but I'm not at home just now.. In Dubai right now, Ghana tomorrow then Texas in a week.. Hopefully will be spending a bit of time at home late June/early July and I should be able to post some kits around then. PM me at the end of June and we can sort something out.

Cheers

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back