Jam band fan role call
Feb 1, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #16 of 66
Huge Phish fan here! Just got back from Mexico and already starting to see rumors of summer tour dates and the rumor of a possible fall tour as well. I also am a big Dead fan and of course if your a big dead fan you must love Joe Russo's Almost Dead.

My rig for listening to live shows depends on the recording. As of now, afaik, Umphrey's Magee and Phish are the only two bands release high res sound boards. I know Phish also has the option for the HD audio which is FLAC 24 bit audio. When the recording is good (SBD 16bit) I use my VLC (on a mac) -> Schiit Fulla -> HE-400i when the recordings are poor i turn down the bass and use a not so great headphone with bass boost.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #17 of 66
  Huge Phish fan here! Just got back from Mexico and already starting to see rumors of summer tour dates and the rumor of a possible fall tour as well. I also am a big Dead fan and of course if your a big dead fan you must love Joe Russo's Almost Dead.

My rig for listening to live shows depends on the recording. As of now, afaik, Umphrey's Magee and Phish are the only two bands release high res sound boards. I know Phish also has the option for the HD audio which is FLAC 24 bit audio. When the recording is good (SBD 16bit) I use my VLC (on a mac) -> Schiit Fulla -> HE-400i when the recordings are poor i turn down the bass and use a not so great headphone with bass boost.

Did you see any taping rigs there? Haven't seen anything on etree
confused.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #20 of 66
Phish Summer 2016 Tourdates

06/22 Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
06/24 Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
06/25 Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
06/26 Klipsch Music Center, Noblesville, IN
06/28 The Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA
06/29 The Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA
07/01 Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
07/02 Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
07/03 Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
07/06 Cross Insurance Arena, Portland, ME
07/08 Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA
07/09 Xfinity Theatre, Hartford, CT
07/10 Lakeview Amphitheater, Syracuse, NY
07/15 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/16 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/18 Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA

07/19 Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
07/20 Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
07/22 The Forum, Inglewood, CA
07/23 Sleep Train Amphitheatre, Chula Vista, CA
09/02 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
09/03 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
09/04 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

http://phish.com/news/2016-summer-tour-announced/

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #21 of 66
I'm a huge Phish and GD fan and fan of many others as well, have seen Phish since 1995, only saw the Grateful Dead live once on Jerrys last tour (I was 16), but have seen some of the offshoots, including the CA Fare Thee Well shows last year. Have been listening to the Dead more than anything for the last year.

Am interested in what gear people like best for live shows

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #22 of 66
Wish I could do this whole tour. I love most of those venues. I am for sure going to the gorge I already have it all booked and Dick's too. Will either try for MN and Chi it just the Mann but we will see. I have heard rumor of a fall tour that will end in the middle of October so money should be saved for that too. I also just went to Mexico and my wife is a bit feeling like we need to slow our roll. Good thing I have Ween tickets for next weekend :wink:

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #23 of 66
Big Phish fan here. The tour dates look tough for me, but I should be able to swing Mann. I'd love to get out to the gorge, but I can't quite justify the travel since my wife and I just did Mexico. I'm really hoping for a Hampton stop in the fall.

JRAD is on tap next week. I can't wait for that show. I've been meaning to catch them for a while now.

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #24 of 66
I'll be at Dick's just like the last 15 times they played there haha.  I'd love to do wrigley but don't think I'm seeing more than three this year.  Going to STS9 at the Fillmore in Denver tonight though

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #25 of 66
And holy Harpua at Sunday Dick's last year!  Dick's has been a great run of Phish shows... The "S" set, the "screw your face" show, "Most Shows Spell Something" and "Lushington"  then they seem to be getting away with the setlist spelling games until the "Thank You" encore... Mind Blown

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #26 of 66
@bortlett love JRAD. Maybe my favorite jam band next to Phish right now. Just saw them at the Filmore in Denver a few weeks ago. So good!

I have yet to miss a Dick's run myself. We are in Albuquerque so we get up to Denver for music often. Loved that Harpua. Call me sensitive but it brought me to tears. That and then Mexico. It's nice the band loves us so much.

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #28 of 66
That Halloween show was so good by them, so good. I wish they released better recordings though. The audience recordings don't sound great at any quality of digital file. I am spoiled by phish with the FLAC and HD FLAC. So good

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #29 of 66
I'm also spoiled from Phish and find it frustrating to have to wait more than 20 min after the show for my SBD download to be ready haha.  I did the webcast for the first night of Mexico and have listened to the other 2.  Looked like a blast!  My wife isn't really into Phish so had to pass that one up.  Meeting up with my friend who was down there for the show tonight and hoping he grabbed me some swag.

Any of you all into posters? I have to admit I'm "that guy"... 

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #30 of 66
I am into posters for sure. Mexico was exactly what we thought it was going to be which was just magical and so very special. It's so true about the music timing, quality. HD webcasts. My next poster I am going to get framed is the one from Vegas 03 with the guy throwing the dice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back