JadeAudio EA1-Beryllium-Plated Single Dynamic IEM
Jul 26, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #31 of 54
I just tried this this morning. It does give considerable boost to the lower freq but seems to have a little more back pressure on the eardrum. I used it for about 3 hours today with that vent closed. I liked what I heard but kept having to adjust the fit some as the pressure started getting uncomfortable. I haven't used it in a while this afternoon. I will try sitting with this evening and see what comes. I was also hiking for part of the session this morning...if that makes any difference (movement of my ear vs cable pulling vs outside conditions).
Yeah, the manufacturer (FiiO, on the FD1 thread) did mention that the pressure may be an issue. At least there are two vents, so I just cover the one over the driver, and I also use micropore tape, so it breathes some. So far, I haven't had any discomfort though.

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #33 of 54
Yeah, the manufacturer (FiiO, on the FD1 thread) did mention that the pressure may be an issue. At least there are two vents, so I just cover the one over the driver, and I also use micropore tape, so it breathes some. So far, I haven't had any discomfort though.
So yeah, pressure is definitely an issue. I put scotch tape over the driver vent on each side, not the vent near the nozzle. As I would seal the IEM in my right ear the driver would basically shut itself off when I inserted it for a proper seal.

So if you're going to cover the vents, micropore is probably a necessity. I probably need to order some.... Any recommendations?

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #34 of 54
So yeah, pressure is definitely an issue. I put scotch tape over the driver vent on each side, not the vent near the nozzle. As I would seal the IEM in my right ear the driver would basically shut itself off when I inserted it for a proper seal.

So if you're going to cover the vents, micropore is probably a necessity. I probably need to order some.... Any recommendations?
3m micropore tape is what I use. I'm not even halfway past the first roll but this is what I got forever ago.
https://www.amazon.com/Micropore-Su...d=1595876620&sprefix=3m+micro,aps,183&sr=8-13

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #35 of 54
Jul 27, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #36 of 54
Looks like a winner to me, thanks. Hopefully it doesn't have the same problem as solid tape....
Or you can get it any any local pharmacy.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #37 of 54
Or you can get it any any local pharmacy.
Yeah I did, didn't even know there are different kinds of micropore tape (other than the size).

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #38 of 54
The 3m stuff works fairly well. I used it for dampening my old sony mdr-z7 and have used it for the t2 mods and once on the OH10 but the OH10 became murder bass cannons. Will try it on the EA1 if you'd like. Just got the replacement today and no rattles so it's getting burned in currently.

EDIT: I can confirm they work just fine with the 3m tape over the vent closest to the driver. lil baby bass monsters now. Doesn't sound bloated which is nice. Still need to let these burn at least a few days before a final assesment.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #39 of 54
The 3m stuff works fairly well. I used it for dampening my old sony mdr-z7 and have used it for the t2 mods and once on the OH10 but the OH10 became murder bass cannons. Will try it on the EA1 if you'd like. Just got the replacement today and no rattles so it's getting burned in currently.
Yeah, I use the 3M brand MP tape, for consistency.

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #40 of 54
The EA1 pairs really well with the utws1 if anyone was curious. I also found taking out just the metal mesh(there is a metal mesh and soft filter under that) on the nozzle helps these from getting "tin" sounding with highs.

IMG_4338.jpg

Said soft filter under metal mesh.
IMG_4339.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #42 of 54
Will you be able to put the filter back in?
If you’re super gentle removing it then yes. It’s a simple press fit and mine wasn’t attached to any adhesive. I tried it a few times with them back in to see if I got any difference. I used a sewing needle at the edge of the mesh to gentle lift it up and out. I didn’t attempt to take the silk like soft filter out since I can see just eyeballing it that it’s definitely held in by some type of adhesive.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #43 of 54
I got my pair a few days ago and I Concur with most. These really sound good out of the box... Clear and detailed vocals and mids with good quality and quantity bass.. Amping is not necessary but it does not hurt either.. For 30 bucks its a no Brainer, and I sense they will get better with brain/burn in... Considering a second pair at this price....

Aug 1, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #44 of 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back