Jade II Discussion
Apr 25, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #288 of 472
Check out Shangrila , you will have all that you are asking for.

you me mean the Shangri la Jr or regular one, the price of the regular is really high

few mentioned the JR has less bass quantity than Jade2

May 5, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #290 of 472

well i feel this review did not give jade2 justice at all, with all respect to that reviewer but he confuses me sometimes, but at least he is better than Z review whom i would not even take anything he says for granted

I feel jade2 deserves more recognition as its truly an amazing headphone

To me the Jade2, has everything balanced from bass to highs, and I can listen to hours with Jade2, its the most headphone I use among all I have, even if I have better headphones as HE1000Se and Stax 007 mk2, as it is so light and so enjoyable for long session listening with a great sound quality, you just forget bout it. I literally enjoy all types of music on it. I feel now the bass is coherent with the remaining frequencies and everything sounds balanced

I feel many are missing out on Jade2 due to some improper youtube reviews, and I feel people are worried about its signature, but let me assure you, its a headphone you buy and will keep in your collection, and you will find it working with many genres

I advise people to read the good reviews about it instead as those are more reflective to what the jade2 is

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #291 of 472
well i feel this review did not give jade2 justice at all, with all respect to that reviewer but he confuses me sometimes, but at least he is better than Z review whom i would not even take anything he says for granted

I feel jade2 deserves more recognition as its truly an amazing headphone

To me the Jade2, has everything balanced from bass to highs, and I can listen to hours with Jade2, its the most headphone I use among all I have, even if I have better headphones as HE1000Se and Stax 007 mk2, as it is so light and so enjoyable for long session listening with a great sound quality, you just forget bout it. I literally enjoy all types of music on it. I feel now the bass is coherent with the remaining frequencies and everything sounds balanced

I feel many are missing out on Jade2 due to some improper youtube reviews, and I feel people are worried about its signature, but let me assure you, its a headphone you buy and will keep in your collection, and you will find it working with many genres

I advise people to read the good reviews about it instead as those are more reflective to what the jade2 is

To be fair i have seen people in this thread mentioning the bass distortion and also the amp that was design for Jade 2 by Hifiman doesnt provide enough power.

May 5, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #292 of 472
To be fair i have seen people in this thread mentioning the bass distortion and also the amp that was design for Jade 2 by Hifiman doesnt provide enough power.

I agree that the power may not be enough for everyone, and that a more beefy AMP may create both a louder and maybe a more punchy sound

Jade II in its current state is simply beautifully transparent and gentle, it doesn't impose itself, it sings in a more neutral way :)

May 5, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #293 of 472
I agree that the power may not be enough for everyone, and that a more beefy AMP may create both a louder and maybe a more punchy sound

Jade II in its current state is simply beautifully transparent and gentle, it doesn't impose itself, it sings in a more neutral way :)

Im glad you enjoyed the headphone itself George but this dedicated amplifier should have had much more headroom to compensate for everyone's preference in volume levels.

Ive just seen the amplifier drama thread, I'll end it there, Ive seen and said enough.

May 5, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #294 of 472
I think this was the reason they are getting the units out there, to learn how they can improve them. I will bet that the next incarnation.......the Jade 3 will have a better amp, hopefully it doesn't cost much more too.

May 9, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #295 of 472
I think this was the reason they are getting the units out there, to learn how they can improve them. I will bet that the next incarnation.......the Jade 3 will have a better amp, hopefully it doesn't cost much more too.
Or after the ''The Next Best Thing Studio'' and Spritzer's review of these kinda blew up, Fang had to send out review unit's so it kinda drown's out the mess. Don't get me wrong the Energizer is a joke but the Headphones look good and probably sounds good. Even Kevin Gilmore drew a nice doodle of the board.

May 29, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #296 of 472
its a headphone you buy and will keep in your collection, and you will find it working with many genres

Thank you for your feedback, i'm very curious about Jade II system (HP+amp) and i'd like to listen it.... i listened Arya and i like it so much, i found yours JADE2 impressions in mine about Arya listening.
I know Arya has different drivers, different technology, but maybe could be compared to Jade II sound signature... is it right? :)

May 29, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #297 of 472
Hifiman just messaged me, I will be next up on the review list. Looking forward to getting them in the mail! I guess I still have around 2-3 week wait time, but I am really excited to get a review of these written here. My only DAC is a Modi 3, but it impresses me... hopefully doesn't hold these headphones back too much.
@Tjj226 Angel rock on man!!!

May 30, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #299 of 472
JADE II Tour

The Jade II loaner arrived yesterday. It arrived in a very large double boxed container and weighed a ton! The reason for the oversize boxing was the simply to ensure proper, thorough and very secure packaging. The weight was the matching top of the line electrostatic amp. So far, very impressive.

The headphones are beautiful, with a solid build, lightweight and the open grills remind me of the original legendary Orpheus HE90 headphones. The fit was very comfortable with barely noticeable clamping. Clearly suitable for the long listening sessions to come.

The companion HIFIMAN amplifier comes in at 6.5 kg (14.3 lbs). Heavy, yet solid, black with chrome power button. The amp itself is surrounded with ¼ inch solid metal housing set apart from the amp itself. High quality stepped attenuator and soft-push power button. Very Impressive.

My first brief listen was quite satisfying. Broad yet enveloping soundstage with pinpoint imaging and detail retrieval. A more detailed review to come at end of loan period once I’ve had some time to listen, absorb and refine my listening experience with these phenomenal phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back