Jaben ES8 Cable?
Dec 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #16 of 35

Quote:
I was tempted into purchasing these for the 2 for 1 deal, but looking at the Westone copycats and the huge cable gaps in the braid made me look the other way.  If you have about $90 to splurge, I have the following cable purchased on eBay  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270659098913&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT and the UE triplefi10 are now the best universal IEM I have owned. 

Thanks for the link, I have been looking for a replacement cables/wires for my TF10 and was actually deciding between the enyo or the westone ES, Can you share some insight on how the ebay cables compare to the enyo? thanks

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #17 of 35
I sold the Westone cables before trying so can't speak of them as i didn't want to risk damaging the pin holes.  Mine that I bought on ebay aren't enyo, but I went in purchasing the UE10 knowing that the mids in general aren't it's strong suit and the stock cable for me proved that.  I prefer very forward mids and the cable delivers in that regard, without the other spectrums taking a hit.  It's a very high quality cable.

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 35
I'm not having any sound problems.  I did notice when I was trying out the flipmod that they weren't sounding great.  A little fiddling around got me the sound back.  It was particularly a problem with the right channel.  One of the things that worked for me was putting it in a jack part of the way while something was playing and then shoving it in the rest of the way created a slight "pop" and everything was back to how it was.

I didn't get any improvements, the mids are still very recessed but the ES8 cables are vast improvement because they're of higher quality, do not retain all that cable memory and stay in annoyingly bent shapes.

I have no complaints with this cable and I'm more impressed with Jaben's shipping speed than anything else.

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #19 of 35

Quote:
Then I'll pass this, no point spending more money and have the TF10 sound worst then it's original state.

While the deal isn't as good now (not 2 for 1), don't let my review sway you.  I'm still getting used to them, and the cable shouldn't alter the sound signature that much, so it's probably me just adjusting to TF's.

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #20 of 35
I haven't noticed any sound problems and I'm much happier with this cable because the regular UE cable's fit was far worse. I don't think right angle jack will cause problems which is nice The twists could ever so slightly better but it's more nitpicking of aesthetics than an issue.

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #21 of 35
I have 4 of these ES8 cables from Jaben from the 2 for 1 thingy. There's nothing wrong with them. I see no improvement in sound since I am a big skeptic of cables improving sound anyways.

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #22 of 35

Quote:
I have 4 of these ES8 cables from Jaben from the 2 for 1 thingy. There's nothing wrong with them. I see no improvement in sound since I am a big skeptic of cables improving sound anyways.

no improvement in sound but any degrading in sound?

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #23 of 35

Nope, no change in sound. Happy with my purchase.

Quote:
Quote:

no improvement in sound but any degrading in sound?

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #24 of 35
I got these cables as well. Hadn't noticed a degradation in sound either. These were to replace the original cable that I had dropout issues due to a short in the connector. Not a bad cable at all, though better as a 2 for 1.

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #25 of 35
Cheapest UE cables in Australia are about $28 - and that's for a 'genuine' UE cable from Hong Kong. May not even be genuine and the UE cable is crappy anyways so this 2 for 1 deal worked out great for me at a cost of about $20 each. 4 cables + the original one should last me quite some time.

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #26 of 35
Got one of these cables from a group buy during the 2 for 1 deal. No change in SQ at all but huge improvement in comfort and fit for me. I found the memory wire on the stock cables insanely stiff and hurt my ears. These are nice and flexible plus they seem a bit lighter. The braiding seems pretty loose but I think it helps keep the cable nice and soft.

Good buy for about $20. If you're in need of a cheap replacement cable for TF10s, these can't be beat IMO.

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #28 of 35
I bought alpha's es2 cable and so far the immediate thing I could tell if that it smoothed out the highs of the TF10 to bearable levels.  I'm still in the testing phase but the es2 cable is more comfortable, lighter, and looks a ton better than the stock cable.  If you do buy the es2 cable you need to file the pins a little bit so they fit perfectly into the tf10's (the pins stick out a bit if you don't file them down).  After my brief test I don't think I'd ever go back to the stock cable.  Overall in my opinion I feel it's well worth the $30 I spent on it.

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #29 of 35
i think the westone es2 cable is a very good cable for its price, and as such it would be my reccomendation over jabens one. i also happen to dislike jabens home products, since they tend to have bad build quality, and sometimes have channel imbalances. i am from singapore, and have been to the jaben shop many times to try the products they have, and sometimes i also use their inhouse stuff. but this is just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back