I've got triports, and i want an upgrade
Feb 26, 2007 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jgonino

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, i am quite new to this forum, and I am looking at buying a new pair of cans to replace my Bose Triports. I have around $130 or less to spend, and I am looking for circumaural phones (I prefer closed, but open is ok too). I plan on using this mostly with my ipod, but I also have a small home setup. What should I be looking at? I have considered the HD280's as well as the HD80's. I have also read about the Sony v6's.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, i am quite new to this forum, and I am looking at buying a new pair of cans to replace my Bose Triports. I have around $130 or less to spend, and I am looking for circumaural phones (I prefer closed, but open is ok too). I plan on using this mostly with my ipod, but I also have a small home setup. What should I be looking at? I have considered the HD280's as well as the HD80's. I have also read about the Sony v6's.

AT500 89.00.. Closed too.

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, i am quite new to this forum, and I am looking at buying a new pair of cans to replace my Bose Triports. I have around $130 or less to spend

I got the Triports from my wife for Valentine's Day. I took them back and ordered the MS-1's. Best upgrade I ever did. And they are actually cheeper!!!
orphsmile.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by imsjry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the Triports from my wife for Valentine's Day. I took them back and ordered the MS-1's. Best upgrade I ever did. And they are actually cheeper!!!
orphsmile.gif

I bet your wife was as thrilled as you were

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet your wife was as thrilled as you were

She was cool about it. She broke the rule of never buying me electronics with talking to me first.
tongue.gif

I knew I wouldn't like Bose and when I opened them and heard them, I liked them less than I even thought I would. Horrible, booming sound to them. Not natural at all. The MS-1's blow them away in every catagory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back