i've finally tried foobar + asio :)
Jun 26, 2008 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tru\head

New Head-Fier
wow, what an improvement over itunes (using windows XP). i wish i knew about this years ago!

as was suggested in another thread i'm using the bauer binaural dsp which I think makes my headphones less fatiguing. i also have the advanced limiter and eq on as well, since i'm already using a dsp. i don't have the resampler on because, as I understand it, ASIO will output the proper sample rate through my SPDIF connection. i'm using dt770-250 with the zero DAC.

i'm struggling with the interface though, it just feels clunky. i may just stick to the old version of itunes (7.0.2) with the multi-plugin which enables foobar output. unfortunately, that means I have to make a new library file since it won't run my newer itunes library (.itl) file, and thus means I won't be able to sort my stuff by "date added", which is how I like to keep it sorted.

so, does anyone have a better foobar UI I could try?

Jun 26, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 5

nor_spoon

Headphoneus Supremus
I am using the Fofr version on my foobar. I have tweaked it a little to my liking. It takes some effort to get into the tweaking, but it is also fun I think.
Foobar is great, small footprint and I have not run into any problems yet. And it is free thanks to the generous people in the open source community!

foobar_gui.jpg

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 5

jamess71

500+ Head-Fier
nor_spoon How difficult was it to get that version up and running?

I'm in the same boat as tru\head. I use foobar but the default setup is just so clunky/ugly. I've looked into some of the themes and I always see a list of about 20 or so other plugins/components needed to use the theme.

Thanks
James

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #4 of 5

nor_spoon

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamess71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nor_spoon How difficult was it to get that version up and running?

I'm in the same boat as tru\head. I use foobar but the default setup is just so clunky/ugly. I've looked into some of the themes and I always see a list of about 20 or so other plugins/components needed to use the theme.

Thanks
James

It is pretty straight forward as I remember. I do not excactly remember how I did it, because I have just copied and pasted the folder in program files when I switched to Vista, and it has been a while since I did it. There are some tweaking you have to do to get black color behind the playlist tree etc, but I think the Fofr panelUI component will provide most of what you see I have, if you get the components needed.
I can send the components I have to you if you like. Then you can download fofr panel and try for yourself. I also think there are many how-to's on the net if you do a search.

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #5 of 5

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
About time!
tongue.gif

foobar2000 is very nice. Too bad (for some of use) its MS Windows only...

Users who are viewing this thread