I've been spoiled!!!!
Sep 29, 2003 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bassballboy

New Head-Fier
Well, I got my pair of 7506's today....and oh my goodness, these things are an inredible amount better than my old koss TD/60's..... I don't think i'll ever be able to listen to them again lol

Sep 29, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 12
Congratulations on your new headphones. Unfortunately, this is only the beginning. Btw, tell your wallet I said good luck.
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 3:52 AM Post #3 of 12
The 7506 is an ideal closed headphone at a budget price.

Congrats on your purchase. You are on step one of the head-fi "audiophiles anonymous" plan. . . the next step is an amp and. . .

Cheers,
Geek

Sep 29, 2003 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 12
Congrats on your purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

The real worrying thing for me is that I started low, went about as high as I intend to (with the RS1) but am now going low again, looking for other 'phones for different applications.. like the Senn PX250 that I bought at the weekend...

...It never ends... it just starts over
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 7:25 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Geek

Congrats on your purchase. You are on step one of the head-fi "audiophiles anonymous" plan. . . the next step is an amp and. . .

Cheers,
Geek

This is a little out of topic, but can anyone please outline the whole "audiophiles anonymous" plan?

1. an ideal budged headphone
2. an amp

Thanks,

A.

Sep 29, 2003 at 7:38 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by apropos
can anyone please outline the whole "audiophiles anonymous" plan?

Automatic membership enrollment usually kicks in at the $2500 spent level.
biggrin.gif

or is that Team Broke?
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 8:03 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by bassballboy
haha, I dont think my wallet will take a hit....I dont see myself going to crazy on purchases....my gf will keep my wallet too low for that.....that and my car audio purchases haha

Famous last words
evil_smiley.gif

I started with some V6's over a year ago. And I still haven't quite found what I'm looking for, and it's taken me another $350 to get closer...
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 8:07 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
Automatic membership enrollment usually kicks in at the $2500 spent level.
biggrin.gif

Shoot, I've been a member all this time and I haven't even been attending the meetings! I could really use them too!
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by apropos
This is a little out of topic, but can anyone please outline the whole "audiophiles anonymous" plan?

1 - Purchase a US$230 headphone
2 - Purchase a US$115 upgrade cord for the headphone
2a - Whine that the cord cost half of what the headphone cost
2b - Receive numerous responses that "you ain't seen nuthin' yet" Oh, and "Welcome to Head-Fi..."
3 - Purchase US$800 amp
3a - Whine that amp cost 3x headphone
3b - Receive numerous responses that "you ain't seen nuthin' yet"
4 - Purchase US$1k interconnect
4b - Whine that interconnect cost more than anything else, but praise it's miniscule improvement
4c - Receive numerous responses "Now you're talking...oh, and check out power cords"
5 - Purchase US$1300 power cord
6 - Purchase new source
9 - Send source off to <source>mods.com for upgrades that cost more than the source
9a - Whine...
11 - Purchase vinyl setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back