iTunes : sorting problem
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xaval

1000+ Head-Fier
I need to have my albums sorted by year and not by name, either using the remote app on the touch or ths iPod lassic/Touch on the go. No problem... just input the album year on the sort album field and I'm good to go.

However, this is messing up the cover flow view on iTunes -> with the albums sorted by year, I'm seeing a song at a time with it's own seperate album art by year, eg, all tracks #1 from the year 1968, then all tracks #2...

I figure if I input the year AND the album name on the sort album field I have my problem solved.

Now, how do I automate this process on a +2000 albuns HD? I´m on a PC btw

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Issue solved! It was a sorting glitch sinece my other iTunes installs were doing ok! A restart app solves most issues I suppose lol.

But, if someone still has a process to copy the year field info onto the sort album field in a batch auto process please do share
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Actually, if you right click on the info bar where artist, album name, etc is shown, you can add Year to it. Then, just click on that Year tab to have iTunes sort everything by year.

I wish it was that easy on the iPods tho.

Sep 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 4
I know I can do that manualy. The thing is, I've over 2000 albums on the HD I want to perform this trick - that's why I'm asking if there is any tool that could, for example, copy&paste the year tag info onto the sort album tag. Btw, if you have your sort album info like this, you'd get all your albums sorted by year also on your iPod and not alphabetically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back