iTunes Question and ID3
May 22, 2005 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jakets

500+ Head-Fier
Ive noticed a lot of my songs wont retain there ID3 info correctly, mainly the artist. It seems to be the same certain bunch of songs. Im guessing there not all the same ID3 version? Anyways i noticed iTunes will let me convert all my ID3 tags to the same version, and reverse unicode. So i wanted to ask should i? and if i should what version should i convert them too? and should i reverse unicode them also? And last but not least will whatever version i convert them too, still read on my X5?
orphsmile.gif

May 22, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 3
iTunes has a strange thing with ID3 tags. Whenever I import music, the artist and album is always reversed and the year--while it shows up in Windows--doesn't show up in any ID3 tag viewer.

I've been using Media Tagger for my ID3 and APE tags lately. Maybe it could help you...
http://www.volny.cz/media-tagger/eng/

From what I understand, you could have 2 versions of the tag in the same file. It will be a bit messy, but MT can synchronize them for you. As for your X5, you could probably find out on their site.

May 23, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 3
Hmm the cowon website says it supports V1 and V2 so does that mean any version of version 2? lol Will it support 2.4?

I will try that media tagger if i cant make itunes do the job, but to be honest i have enough different types of software all to do the same damn things a bit differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back