itunes and Windows profiles
Nov 11, 2008 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PWilson

100+ Head-Fier
I've just moved in to a share house with a friend, and my PC might become the main music server for the house (the other guy's PC is ancient).

I don't want to get into a discussion about the pros and cons, but I don't like itunes. My housemate's mainly an itunes user. I was already thinking of setting up a separate windows (Vista) profile so we could keep stuff like music separate, but if he loads itunes on his profile, am I going to see bits of it creeping into mine (in context menus, etc)? Or will it be a clean break, so that I can have stuff default to Foobar, and he can have stuff default to itunes, and there's no spillover between them?

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 4
I am 99% sure can both have your own default audio player.
So he can have iTunes as his default player, and you have foobar2000 as your default player.

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 4
Cheers. Main concern is that a friend commented that I may see itunes options in my popup/context menus, and things like that...
I think I'll just have to experiment by installing some other programs on the other profile and seeing how much trickle there is between profiles.

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, just install iTunes and see if you can live with it installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back