iTunes 7: gapless playback and cover art for ripped cds
Sep 12, 2006 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

mshan

1000+ Head-Fier
iTunes 7 was released today ("It's Showtime") and now apparently includes gapless playback and cover art for ripped cds (as long as you have an iTunes account):

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 39
Is there any news on a working MultiPlugin for version 7?

I want that foobar2k backend!!

Sep 12, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mshan
iTunes 7 was released today ("It's Showtime") and now apparently includes gapless playback and cover art for ripped cds (as long as you have an iTunes account):

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

smily_headphones1.gif

[size=medium]Yes, It works![/size]
Finally Apple has fixed the gaps between the songs. Sgt. Peppers now plays as it was meant to.
The facelift looks nice too.
iPod updates are now an integral part of iTunes rather than a separate program download. (You had to have both anyway, good idea)
It will also fetch the album artwork for you now if you didn't have it before.

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 39
how does it determine which songs need gapless playback between tracks? Is it just referenced from a list of known albums?

Also is anyone else having volume control issues? Unless I set iTunes 7 volume to the maximum i get massive amounts of distortion.

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #9 of 39
The gapless settigns can be set manually in the song properties if itunes goes wrong with it anyway.

It does seem to go a fabulous job automatically, the tracked Amarok always bothered me with its little pauses, and it is 52 tracks over 1 hour, so it could get annoying. Now, its as smooth as the original block version.

Havent tried it with other progressive or classical music yet.

Sep 13, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 39
If it isn't detected automatically (iTunes 7 scans your library for gapless playback upon initial use), you can go into Get Info / Options and select "part of a gapless album" manually.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 39
I downloaded it this morning. All my ripped CD's had album art added manually so I haven't tried the auto-album-art feature.

The best bit is the scrolling through albums with their album art. It's pretty cool.

No problems with the volume settings though Duggeh.

Sep 13, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by proglife
very snappy on this 1.5Ghz G4 Powerbook

+1

Sep 14, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #15 of 39
I need help. For the last two days I have been trying to download it but everytime it says it is blocking a cookie. I have tried to let it go thru by clicking on allow but it just does not work.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back