Itsfit Fusion impressions thread
Feb 14, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #197 of 401
yep, dead, been waiting. The wait continues...

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #201 of 401
Question for those who have done reshells recently:

Is Kien using DHL to ship them back now and how for how much?
$80 and I got the package in a day
Should be the same for you since we’re in the same area.

Feb 23, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #203 of 401
For the post above. I think David and I share the same view where the RAH is the more fun out of the two.

Fusion is more balanced while the RAH is tuned to be more of an L shape than V shape signature. Bass quantity is much more apparent with the RAH. Fusion has great texture but the quantity isn’t there. It makes you question if it’s a DD at times since it’s so polite. Vocals and treble is more natural on the fusion, while a bit warmer on the RAH.

Hope that helps.

Feb 26, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #204 of 401
David How compare this fusion with imr ?

@kdphan summed it up pretty well... the Fusion is more balanced, that is if you compare to Rah with black lower blue upper which is the most common setup but I still have to tweak with filters to have a comparable tuning to the Fusion. Rah has massive bass presence indeed, mids are more forward on the Fusion and treble is more refined as well although the Rah is by far the best piezoelectric driver implementation ever it's still not as good as the magnetostatic to me.

But @Choubdia let's meet and have you listen for yourself :wink:

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #205 of 401
@kdphan summed it up pretty well... the Fusion is more balanced, that is if you compare to Rah with black lower blue upper which is the most common setup but I still have to tweak with filters to have a comparable tuning to the Fusion. Rah has massive bass presence indeed, mids are more forward on the Fusion and treble is more refined as well although the Rah is by far the best piezoelectric driver implementation ever it's still not as good as the magnetostatic to me.

But @Choubdia let's meet and have you listen for yourself :wink:

My impressions on Rah vs Fusion echo those of @davidmolliere and @kdphan. The fusion has more present, forward mids and more detailed, better controlled treble. I actually love the fusion’s bass...it has robust, authoritative, and well controlled sub bass thump that brings a smile to my face, but the Rah takes that to another level in terms of quantity. Fusion is again a little more controlled, but the Rah has tons of beautiful texture and a really nice implementation with more mid bass (in addition to sub bass). Rah also wins in the soundstage department, although that’s not a surprise because it is semi open. I will say in terms of sound leaking out of the Rah, I do not find that much of an issue at normal listening volumes. You hear it standing next to someone if they crank it up, but normal listening volumes for me you cannot hear it. The rah doesn’t isolate well though. Fusion takes the cake with isolation and it has a huge soundstage for a closed iem.

Feb 27, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #206 of 401
Enjoying this combo a lot

R6 Pro SS + Cardas (1960s) cable

F4LrT1g.jpg

Mar 2, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #207 of 401
There seems to be several of us here who have and enjoy both the RAH and the Fusion and I echo the sentiments & impressions of @davidmolliere @kdphan and @sorrick
The RAH is definitely the most "fun" of the two with that big but controlled bass, a wide deep and open sound stage with a really nice transition to the mids. On the treble front, I'm split between them. That magnetostatic on the fusion produces really crisp clear resolving details but to my ears, the combo of Piezo + Planar on the RAH wins the upper end, perhaps to my ear it just pokes through more on the RAH. I really LOVE delicate cymbals dancing around and floating above everything in the right and left corners.
I think I've come to this conclusion If I want to immerse myself in a wall of sound and be completely engrossed and enveloped, i pull out the the RAH, which after several hours could give me a bit of bass fatigue. Dont get me wrong, I can wear them all day long and love them, but when I pull 'em out I know I've been listening to them. I've gone to the Blue Blue combo which dials down the bas a hair. The Fusion is far more subdued in the bass department (compared to RAH) while still producing a very satisying bass to mid bass. It's smoother through the mids, while still giving an airy sparkly presentation up top. The star of the show from my perspective with the Fusions is the mids and everything else is nicely balanced around them. I've also got the Noble M3 which is a 10mm DD + 10mm Magnetostatic (vs 8mm fusion) and the the fusion is fuller sounding or slight V where as the M3 has a far deeper bass, but more recessed mids. II've actually got 2 of the M3s (picked up one on a trade + $$ deal deal) so one is now up for sale. Link down in my signature for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #208 of 401
Enjoying this combo a lot

R6 Pro SS + Cardas (1960s) cable

F4LrT1g.jpg
KD, I think you really do not want that cable. I know someone who does! I am jealous. I like your 0068 Fusion.

On a more serious note, I recently tried out my 0067 Fusion with my Jotunheim Amp (balanced). It was the first time I could here a very marked difference between a powerful amp and my DAP. The Fusion responded so well to more power! It blossomed and bloomed all at once. Very impressive.

Mar 4, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #209 of 401
I have a bit of a different take on the Fusion, I have done quite a bit of additional time with them with the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch BTW and this is an amazing combo, it makes the Fusion more organic and refined. There is a bit more mids presence than the N6ii or DX160. On the very long run, the Fusion reveals all its facets and is even more impressive than the initial review (I'll add the LPGT input there). The Fusion is still among top listening time among all my custom IEMs. I am so excited by the things that will come in the future from ItsFit, but I am also hot for the R3.

The RAH is more spectacular with bombastic bass and even bigger soundstage (but semi open desing sure helps), I haven't played much with any combo other than black on blue so there is that but I find the Fusion treble to be more accurate and refined. While Rah is the only good piezo implementation of treble I have heard and it's tricky to pull off, the Fusion magnetostatic has a more accurate tone and a smoother delivery. To me Rah has more upper mids and upper treble presence but the Fusion is more balanced and realistic.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #210 of 401
I am so excited by the things that will come in the future from ItsFit, but I am also hot for the R3.

I am with you on this. I look forward to seeing what else they will do but I also have a lot of love the R3. For the money the R3 is an amazing sounding IEM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back