Itsfit Fusion impressions thread
Nov 16, 2019 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 401

davidmolliere

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought the Fusion deserves its own thread... here are my first impressions after a dozen hours with the Fusion... I tried the Fusion with the Cayin N6ii, A01 and T01 motherboards with the DITA Oslo and Dunu Hulk cable. My favorite pairing is DITA Oslo and T01 motherboard.

Right out of the box, what struck me was the bass and treble.

Yes, the Fusion features powerful bass with good extension but more importantly impeccable control. It’s a tight and fairly fast bass for a dynamic. This infuses a great sense of rythm, as well as a physicality and power that had me turn up the volume on bass rich tracks. It also contributes to height and depth of a very wide soundstage, which overall makes up for an impressive and balanced soundstage. Textures are very nice as well as layering.

The treble section is of special mention as well, I was curious as to how a magneto static sounds compared to BA and eStats treble and the answer is : it sounds really great and bring a new take on treble presentation compared to other technology. The Fusion treble really grants the overall signature great clarity : it’s a clear, well defined and exciting treble. Compared to eStats, it has more body and weight, which to me is the relative weakness of eStats. On the flipside transients are not as fast, but I find eStats transients generally are almost too fast to be realistic in their presentation (although it’s a quite interesting presentation nevertheless). In the lower treble section, I find the Fusion magnetostatic driver to have much better energy than eStats (another limitation of eStats IMHO). Compared to BA treble, I found the magnetostatic brings fantastic speed and better transients. Magneto static kind of feels like a good compromise between BA and eStats treble although it’s a bit of an oversimplification and I need to spend more time to dig further.

While the mids don’t attract as much attention as the bass and treble, the Fusion is certainly not U shaped (not that I like these oversimplifying categorization). Mids are smooth, clear and neutral with fairly forward vocals and articulate lead instruments. The mids to me are not the Fusion highlight but they certainly are the keystone of the Fusion’s overall balance.

ItsFit Lab Fusion presentation

91483DE0-A9FE-4ED6-9FD3-31F16568DB86.jpeg

As the world’s first tri-brid earphone with Magnetostatic™, the Itsfit Fusion is the result of our quest for a true innovative in-ear technonogy that conquer even the most demanding records. One of its most remarkable trait is the incredibly wide soundstage that promise to recreate the truest performing space feel. Expertly tuned with the goal to create the most musical yet of highest fidelity sounding earphones, Fusion always leaves you wanting more.
Available in both Universal and Custom version.

291B0E94-DBDB-4669-837B-2EEE5F4BA268.jpeg

Magnetostatic™ driver is a Hi-res certified driver that uses two pairs of permanent magnets located symmetrically and independently from a membrane in between. This ultra-thin 5-layer erromagnetic membrane layer with high high magnetic permeability moves its entire surface without any dead point, minimizing sound loss, transfer delay and distortion. There’s also no need to use high-volt amp like Electrostatic, making your listening journey much smoother.

5CDB51E2-55F7-4B5F-A7D6-C8736DCB7C18.jpeg

FUSION pair up with 3 types of drivers to produce the desired sound quality. All drivers are acoustically tuned around its most productive frequency range and undergo many different tests before being secure into exclusive sound chambers using 3D printing technology.

This technique helps delivering original sound through separate signal channels without sacrificing sound with traditional passive filters. This proves to be efficient in reproducing sound at extremely wide frequency response (10-40000 Hz) without losing any sound details.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 401
Added my first impressions on the original post.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 401
First impressions after a dozen hours with the Fusion... I tried the Fusion with the Cayin N6ii, A01 and T01 motherboards with the DITA Oslo and Dunu Hulk cable. My favorite pairing is DITA Oslo and T01 motherboard.

Right out of the box, what struck me was the bass and treble.

Yes, the Fusion features powerful bass with good extension but more importantly impeccable control. It’s a tight and fairly fast bass for a dynamic. This infuses a great sense of rythm, as well as a physicality and power that had me turn up the volume on bass rich tracks. It also contributes to height and depth of a very wide soundstage, which overall makes up for an impressive and balanced soundstage. Textures are very nice as well as layering.

The treble section is of special mention as well, I was curious as to how a magneto static sounds compared to BA and eStats treble and the answer is : it sounds really great and bring a new take on treble presentation compared to other technology. The Fusion treble really grants the overall signature great clarity : it’s a clear, well defined and exciting treble. Compared to eStats, it has more body and weight, which to me is the relative weakness of eStats. On the flipside transients are not as fast, but I find eStats transients generally are almost too fast to be realistic in their presentation (although it’s a quite interesting presentation nevertheless). In the lower treble section, I find the Fusion magnetostatic driver to have much better energy than eStats (another limitation of eStats IMHO). Compared to BA treble, I found the magnetostatic brings fantastic speed and better transients. Magneto static kind of feels like a good compromise between BA and eStats treble although it’s a bit of an oversimplification and I need to spend more time to dig further.

While the mids don’t attract as much attention as the bass and treble, the Fusion is certainly not U shaped (not that I like these oversimplifying categorization). Mids are smooth, clear and neutral with fairly forward vocals and articulate lead instruments. The mids to me are not the Fusion highlight but they certainly are the keystone of the Fusion’s overall balance.

With all these impressions from all owners, seems like bass, treble and soundstage are going to be USP of the IEM. :)

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 401
I forgot to add : the Fusion has the best fit of any CIEM I have owned and the FIBAE7 was stunningly great, it’s even a tad better... Equating to perfection.

I had a quick chat with Kien and he does process the file for the best fit andthen add a hand processing to make it more fit... he sent me some pics of the process. Top notch craftsmanship!

DF21898E-C930-40D0-83D0-7C0C17F88224.jpeg

347545C6-363D-4AA7-B6D6-1058D99921CF.jpeg

F05BD9E8-4D50-41CA-9C64-4221DD8B7EDF.jpeg

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 401
@davidmolliere is it right you used digital files from vision ears?

Nov 16, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #7 of 401

.STL files from Custom Art I believe.

That's a point actually. Shouldn't you be giving your audiologist a small donation now your using a copy of the files of the impressions? Certainly got your moneys worth out of those particular set of impressions :) :p

Nov 16, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #8 of 401

I used the STL files that Custom Art did for me when I did my FIBAE Black, I re-used it for the FIBAE4, FIBAE7, EM64, Orla and EM10 before the fusion.

.STL files from Custom Art I believe.
That's a point actually. Shouldn't you be giving your audiologist a small donation now your using a copy of the files of the impressions? Certainly got your moneys worth out of those particular set of impressions

Well fair point but I think I am a good customer of Custom Art having purchased 3 CIEM from them this year :wink:
And I’ll sure keep the trend going in the future :D

Both Custom Art and Itsfit have amazing craftmanship by the way, top fitting CIEM for me

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #9 of 401
I used the STL files that Custom Art did for me when I did my FIBAE Black, I re-used it for the FIBAE4, FIBAE7, EM64, Orla and EM10 before the fusion.
Thank you.

Nov 18, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #11 of 401
Would be interested to hear comparison to fibae7 as far as sq goes. I'm interested in both and might just have to get both lol

I’ll soon post a quick comparison :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #12 of 401
Kien does very nice work. He and his team did a reshell of my old Lear CIEM. He tested each driver and found one of the dynamic drivers was not working properly. He made a replacement on both side for matching sound, and I was back in business. They sound even better than the original. While I was here I had the pleasure to try the Fusion and was quite impressed. The bass quantity is bit too much for my taste but there is no doubting the bass quality which was very natural. If I were to own the Fusion, I might EQ down the bass by 2dB. When I went to pick up the reshell, I dropped off my 64 Audio U10 to have them fit with custom tips and got a chance to try the R3. The R3 is right about where my preferred sound signature lives with a very nice reference sound. The custom tips for the U10 turned out beautifully also. Should I be in the market for more IEM, I would be very happy to work with Kien and his team again.

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #13 of 401
So a little A/B session with the Fusion and FIBAE7...with Cayin N6ii and T01 and DITA Oslo in both case.

The Fusion sub bass has more presence (not that the F7 is lacking there), while the mid bass is a bit leaner than the FIBAE7 with overall a tighter bass presentation. Both have great bass textures, the Fusion has a more detailed presentation in the bass and also faster decay despite being a dynamic driver.

The F7 features more forward mids than the Fusion with more exciting upper mids - there is more definitely more bite there - but also more lower mids which makes for a thicker and fuller presentation. While not recessed, the Fusion mids are less prominent and not as bodied and energetic although it’s very relative since they are not thin or dull either (just the F7 is very much at the top of the scale there). The Fusion mids are natural sounding but lean towards reference with a touch of warmth. The F7 is more euphonic, rich and saturated.

The Fusion treble is clearer and is more accurate in terms of tone, while the F7 has a touch of warmth there but at the same time a bit more lower treble energy. Decay is faster on the Fusion, while the F7 has wetter notes and a tad longer decay - a more romantic presentation if you will. The Fusion has more extension in the upper treble section with more air. I’d give the edge on resolution to the Fusion thanks to its clearer signature and extension.

There is more air and the Fusion is the clear winner on soundstage which is quite wider, depth and height are fairly similar so the Fusion soundstage is more elliptical while the F7 is more balanced.

3ACC7CE9-25CC-4471-ABCA-65D43E9C221F.jpeg

The F7 wows me with its rich textures, it’s prominent beautifully bodied mids and overall romantic presentation... The Fusion wows me with its deep, powerful and well controlled bass and treble that provides great clarity... the mids are less prominent but as I said before the highlight might be their bass and treble but the mids are a keystone of the Fusion balance : they’re clear, natural sounding with slightly forward vocals.

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #14 of 401
@fritobugger I guess the bass quantity will also largely depend on your source, I could see some sources having too much bass emphasis for the Fusion... already noticed this with N6ii / A01 vs T01 which is cleaner bass wise.

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #15 of 401
So a little A/B session with the Fusion and FIBAE7...with Cayin N6ii and T01 and DITA Oslo in both case.

The Fusion sub bass has more presence (not that the F7 is lacking there), while the mid bass is a bit leaner than the FIBAE7 with overall a tighter bass presentation. Both have great bass textures, the Fusion has a more detailed presentation in the bass and also faster decay despite being a dynamic driver.

The F7 features more forward mids than the Fusion with more exciting upper mids - there is more definitely more bite there - but also more lower mids which makes for a thicker and fuller presentation. While not recessed, the Fusion mids are less prominent and not as bodied and energetic although it’s very relative since they are not thin or dull either (just the F7 is very much at the top of the scale there). The Fusion mids are natural sounding but lean towards reference with a touch of warmth. The F7 is more euphonic, rich and saturated.

The Fusion treble is clearer and is more accurate in terms of tone, while the F7 has a touch of warmth there but at the same time a bit more lower treble energy. Decay is faster on the Fusion, while the F7 has wetter notes and a tad longer decay - a more romantic presentation if you will. The Fusion has more extension in the upper treble section with more air. I’d give the edge on resolution to the Fusion thanks to its clearer signature and extension.

There is more air and the Fusion is the clear winner on soundstage which is quite wider, depth and height are fairly similar so the Fusion soundstage is more elliptical while the F7 is more balanced.

The F7 wows me with its rich textures, it’s prominent beautifully bodied mids and overall romantic presentation... The Fusion wows me with its deep, powerful and well controlled bass and treble that provides great clarity... the mids are less prominent but as I said before the highlight might be their bass and treble but the mids are a keystone of the Fusion balance : they’re clear, natural sounding with slightly forward vocals.

This was extremely helpful thank you! I am confidently leaning more toward the Fusion. The Black Friday discount is going to be super tempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back