It's too big!
Aug 7, 2010 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

captainlol

New Head-Fier
So I picked up a pair of Monster Turbines and have been loving them for the past couple of weeks. However, they start to hurt my ears after wearing my helmet for a while. Is there any other IEM out there with similar sound quality, but is physically smaller/shorter? I'm talking CX300 small - I hardly even knew they were there! Maybe UE superfi 4?

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 11
I actually have the Super.fi 4, and while it is very nice and compact, it does not have the sound qualities of the Turbines. It seems like you mainly want the bass you can get from the Turbines, but while the SF4 is clear in the mids/highs, it definitely lacks bass quantity. Maybe you can try out the UE Metro.fi line instead? (From what I read, the Metro.fi's have way more bass than the SF4)

Aug 7, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 11
The SF4 isn't that small TBH. I would maybe consider the ViSang R03, which is about halfway in size between the Turbines and CX300s, or something ergonomic like the Meelec M6.

Aug 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 11
I had the CX300 and upgraded to the Beyerdynamic DTX100 for £100. They are extremely light and small and you do not even know they are there. The bass is leaps and bounds better than the CX300. I have not heard the Turbines unfortunately but I utterly recommend the Beyers at the price.

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 11
After doing quite a bit of research, I decided on the ER-6i, but am concerned about the lack of bass that everyone keeps talking about. I listen to mostly r&b and the occasional rock here and there. Is there anything on par ER-6i, but with better bass? I'd prefer to keep the price around the same range as well

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #10 of 11
Meelec M6 is definitely the least protruding IEM I've had.

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #11 of 11
ive just got some ie8 and i have to admit they are quite good in the bass department... i have a pair of ultimate ears super 5 eb and they are my fav IEM as they give me heaps of low rumble and bass as thats what kind of music i listen to 
but the ie8 are starting to shine in the same department and they sit quite flush 
i use the ie8 for riding the motorbike to 1 stop some of the wind buffering and 2 have some nice phat tunes 
if your wondering how much i love bass..... i use a cmoy bass boost as well when i listen to my music and while most think thats not they way music is ment to be.... its the way i like it :)
so at home ill use the UE and while riding ill use the IE8....
hope that helps in some way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back