It's time to go, share your music~ (Ie. YOUR music)
Aug 26, 2009 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Scriptor Carpe Diem

New Head-Fier
This was originally posted in another forum, so it was moved here, if your wondering why there are two, YES my bad!

First off, I truly appreciate all the help I've recieved from everyone here in choosing my new and actually yes first serious headphones. I have enjoyed the recent days I've spent here, but I'm afraid I'll be leaving shortly, as a matter of fact, 4 days~

The reason I bought these headphones is because I loved music sooooo much and I wanted to take it on the road with me wherever I go, so I made the decision that I had to get suitable headphones. After much research and contemplating I went with the Shure 840s (picked them up today at Guitar Center, 149.99 because of J&R price match). I think they will do very well for the durable and sturdy phones they are, and they seem to be powered just fine without an amp. So I'm quite happy with my decision, not to mention their closed for the road, and I think the sound quality is great.

Anyways, I'm getting carried away... the reason for this thread: I'm leaving and I really respect the community you have here when it comes to music and music listening equipment, so since you guys are the guru's of headphones, I thought it would be great if I made a thread where I could take your advice and passions one step further with me.

List your favorite music, I don't care how small or big the list, 1 song/band, 100,000 songs/band... Whatever it may be please IF you want then by all means jot it down, and I'll aquire it and take it on my travels... and hopefully I will be ushered into a whole new world of music while I'm on the road.

I'm planning on getting my, and my friends 120s and 160GB Ipods so I may have every song I could ever desire.

An example, I never listened to Jazz and only in the last few weeks realized that I know I would like it, so for the Jazz people out there, old or modern, I would gladly take what you offered and at it to my collection of music. ~It's JUST an EXAMPLE, hehe I was afraid if I said this I would get more Jazz than normal, Jazz thing was an example to explain why I wanna do this. What's my point I'll take all the Jazz ya got, but I will take all you got besides Jazz too, what you really wanna share is what I want, cause that's what you love most~

I think when it comes to listening to music it is essential to have a variety of music to feature and fit each mood, each tone, ... each moment, and I will aim throughout my footsteps to contiue gathering for those moments.

Anyways longer than I originally thought the post would be, but I think I got everything in. I look forward to anyone and ANYTHING, (and any amount) (even your own stuff) you post and listening to it after I leave here.

To all those who contribute, thanks for your musical passions and will to share them with me, thank you!

P.S. Posting after 4 days is no problem, I'll be checking into the internet every once in a while, and I can always add next chance I get.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 15
I got the Lord of the Rings soundtracks today!

Even if you don't like the films, (I did) I think the music as instrumental pieces with the sparingly used vocals is astounding~ I love listening to them.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 15
Seeing as how I just got this album recently, I'm very excited about it. Love vs Money by The-Dream. It is R&B, and it is simply amazing.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 15
Nice to meet you and sorry to see you go but will welcome you when you come back(and you will come back....they always do).

Porcupine Tree --- Albums:In Absentia,Deadwing, Fear Of A Blank Planet, Lightbulb Sun, The Incident, Nil Recurring, Recordings, Signify, Stupid Dream.
Rush - Permanent Waves, Farewell to Kings, Moving Pictures, 2112, Hold Your Fire, Power Windows, Snakes and Arrows
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound, What We Have Sown, 137, 10 Stories Down, Little Man
Radiohead- Amnesiac, The Bends, Kid A, Ok Computer In Rainbows, Hail To The THief
Tool - All of their Albums
A Perfect Circle - All of their albums
Puscifer - V is for Vagina

Aug 26, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #5 of 15
Pink Floyd
Rush
Yes
Eva Cassidy
Lionel Hampton
Dexter Gordon
Miles Davis
Tower Of Power
Steely Dan
Jimi Hendrix
Joni Mitchell
Janis Joplin
The Beatles

And the list just goes on and on...

Aug 26, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #7 of 15
John Scofield's Albums: Still Warm, What We Do, Solar, Uberjam, Electric Outlet

It's amazing stuff. There's a billion more songs and artists that I'm into, but this is what's currently flowing through my headphones, so that's what I'm listing.

Aug 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #8 of 15
Oh, and you said you liked Jazz, and Scofield is Jazz, so there you go.

Other good Jazz (and Jazz-inspired / Funk / Jazz-like) bands:

Garage A Trois
Charlie Hunter Trio
Charlie Hunter Quartet
Dixie Dregs (AKA The Dregs)
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Stanton Moore

Aug 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 15
My collection is mainly 70's rock and psychedelic and some good jazz rock....
I don't know what i am going to listen tonight! do you??
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #10 of 15
I heard Norah Jones, "Don't Know Why" for the first time in a while, like never before...

My body went limp, my soul melted, I was in a spell of relaxation...

So it looks to be like a possible night of Norah Jones and other female musicians, but I never know!

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 15
A night of female musicians? Try KT Tunstall too, especially Eye To The Telescope
smily_headphones1.gif

And I'll add Nine Inch Nails to your list as someone will eventually mention them (well him really) anyway.

Aug 28, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #12 of 15
Artist - Album

the postal service - give up
Damien Rice - O
biffy clyro - the vertigo of bliss
favez - gentlemen start your engines
bright eyes - I'm wide awake its morning
jaheim - still ghetto
raphael saadiq - the way i see it
the libertines - up the bracket
weezer - green album
ryan adams -- gold
fall out boy - take this to your grave
Atmosphere - Headshots:se7en

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #13 of 15
So is this a road trip?

Film Soundtracks! I suggest the Transformers Soundtrack (2007), as well Batman Begins(2005).

Also, if you've never heard kpop/rock, give it a listen! Younha's Comet and Audition.

Also, I don't normally listen to Indie Guitar/Folk, but Priscilla Ahn has an angelic voice (Dream, Rain).

Aug 29, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is this a road trip?

Film Soundtracks! I suggest the Transformers Soundtrack (2007), as well Batman Begins(2005).

Also, if you've never heard kpop/rock, give it a listen! Younha's Comet and Audition.

Also, I don't normally listen to Indie Guitar/Folk, but Priscilla Ahn has an angelic voice (Dream, Rain).

Big thumbs up on Priscilla Ahn. As pure as it gets. Like Alison Krauss without the creepy.
smile.gif

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big thumbs up on Priscilla Ahn. As pure as it gets. Like Alison Krauss without the creepy.
smile.gif

Creepy?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back