It's peace!
Mar 31, 2004 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Jan Meier

King Corda
Member of the Trade: Meier Audio
Dear Headfellows,

I just wanted to let you know that Michael and I smoked our pipe of peace.

We agreed that Michael will change his website and provide you with instructions on how to make your own passive crossfeed filter. I've contributed some of my own tricks to improve sound quality, so you will be provided with an up-to-date design (soon).

Please understand that Michael no longer provides assembled units.

Cheers,

Jan

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 37
Glad to hear things worked out peacefully.

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 37
Wow, I'm really glad to hear the matter has been resolved peacefully. I followed both threads on the subject, but chose not to reply because I didn't feel I really had anything I could add.

This is good news
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Jan Meier
Dear Headfellows,

I just wanted to let you know that Michael and I smoked our pipe of peace.

Cheers,

Jan

"Head-fi does not promote or encourage the use of drugs"

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 37
I always thought highly of both pinkfloyd and Jan...

Shame that it had blown up into a major forums war and shame on everyone who blasted either jan or PF.

I think some people need a lesson on when to shut up - everyone thinks they are too smart for their own good - especially the guy who told PF "I dont care if you stay or go...your ego...you think you are a major part of HeadFi"

Well - I think he is a big part of HeadFi

I am a big fan of Jan Meier too and I am glad that this issue was resolved amicably with somewhat better results (improved sound
biggrin.gif
) than I could have hoped for.

The only people who lost my respect were among those who posted in both the original thread by Jan and the "apology" thread by PF. Some of these people have been added to my "ignore" list because I cannot believe someone could bash another member of the forums without adequate information.

Sad
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 37
really glad to see you guys patched things up. The 2 threads really surprised and disappointed me, so I am really glad things are all good again. I sadly don't know Jan but I do know Mike (PinkFloyd) and he is a very genuine and good guy.

Lets hope that we can continue to have a passionate and at the sametime harmonius atmosphere here at head-fi.

Wordsworth

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Please understand that Michael no longer provides assembled units.

Does this mean that the existing X-feeds are now collector's items?
biggrin.gif

Glad to hear that everything has been settled.

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #11 of 37
It's not only peace, it's also a good day for Head-Fi and a lot of positive things have come out of it.

My website will feature simple to follow instructions (step by step with detailed photos) on how to build the lite version of the Jan meier standalone crossfeed along with tips and tricks on how to get the best out of it.

This will be along the lines of the meier X-Feed (as was) and will be helpful to DIY'ers who wish to make the unit for themselves.

I no longer construct these units so please don't ask. The instructions and pictures will be very simple to follow so anybody with a drill and a soldering iron will be able to make it.

It will feature the latest Jan Meier revisions and looks set to being a very nice sounding crossfeed indeed.

The last few days in this forum have been very unfortunate with a lot of remarks from people, including myself, which were pretty below the belt and totally uncalled for. People seemed intent on adding fuel to what turns out was a very small spark which has now been resolved to everyones benefit through an exchange of e-mails between Jan and myself.

I trust this will serve as a reminder that it is always worth waiting for the outcome before reaching a premature conclusion.

All the best.

Pinkie.

Mar 31, 2004 at 4:54 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
"Head-fi does not promote or encourage the use of drugs"

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apart from music, audio equipment and itself, I'd hope. Personally, I must have got it all wrong, anyway...
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back