It's official! I have a new baby!
Nov 22, 2002 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

msjjr

100+ Head-Fier
I received a pair of the R10's today and am listening to them through my heavily modified ASL AQ 1005's. Wow!The bass is wonderful as is everything else. I won't go into detail that has already been eloquently expressed previously, but I am SATISFIED!!!

Nov 22, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 10
Right on! I know you'd been after these forever. Congrats. I hope they're everything you hoped they'd be and more. Cheers.

Mark

Nov 22, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 10
Congrats! They're hard to come by, but oh so worth it when you do!
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2002 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by msjjr
I received a pair of the R10's today and am listening to them through my heavily modified ASL AQ 1005's. Wow!The bass is wonderful as is everything else. I won't go into detail that has already been eloquently expressed previously, but I am SATISFIED!!!

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #6 of 10
Thanks all. I currently have a pair of AKG 1000 that have replacent cable right from the drivers using Van Der Hul M.C. Integration Hybrid interconnects. This setup beats all upgrades including the Equinox upgrade, as good as that is. It then connect directly into an AES input in the amp that has been specifically optimized for the impedance of the AKG's. again, simply fabulous. Should I do a similar change for the R10's (i.e.) optimized for 40 ohms?

Thanks,

Mike

Nov 22, 2002 at 1:36 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

....I am SATISFIED!!!

Now those are words you rarely hear here on this site!!! Man I am glad to hear you made it to audio heaven!!! You may be seeing more of me there once I get my new ATs and Melos in the mail!!!

Nov 22, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #8 of 10
msjjr,
Sorry, I don't follow. Are you saying you'd create a custom cable for the R10's? Man, you're one brave guy if you're willing to do surgery on the R10.

BTW: time to update your signature!
wink.gif

Mark

Nov 22, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 10
I meant making the change to the output of the amp, not the R10 cables, but markl, you may have just given me an inspiration.

BTW, the AKG's will be further modified by taking the ?chips? out of the ear speakers and building a specific box that will house much higher grade quality parts, to replace these, for a further enhancement. I've been told by my upgrade guru that the stock parts are pretty lo-fi. If anyone is interested in what these guys have to offer, e-mail me a msemoff@rogers.com. They're building a set of speaker/soundwoofers that will reproduce 10Hz-100kHz.

That's right, you didn't read wrong. And I've got the room to allow that deep frequency. Check out the Murata tweeters and you'll know what I mean. The subwoofer will have 20 inch drivers, each driven by an ATI amp bridged into 450 watts.
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2002 at 2:08 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

I meant making the change to the output of the amp, not the R10 cables, but markl, you may have just given me an inspiration.

How come I get the feeling that we're going to see a new thread coming up about te improvements of cable swapping a Sony R10!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back