It's my birthday present...
May 22, 2005 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

D2X2903

New Head-Fier
I was so close to asking for E2Cs when I figured I'd ask you guys some more questions.

What's the difference (aside from color) between the E3 and E3C? does one sound better than the other?

Can anyone tell me how the ultra soft sleeve sizes are in reference to something like the MX300/MX400? I'm wondering if I should get the small, medium, or large. The MX300 buds are too big for my ears, but those sleeves acutally go in the canal...

And finally, which would you rather listen to: E2C or E3(C)?

May 22, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 7
The difference between the E3's and the E3c's I think is the box it comes in, although I'm not to shure (Get it, Hee Hee). I would rather listen to the E3c's, I found that the E2c's were a wee bit too muddy for me. The E3c's are lighter, come with more tips and are much more clearer than the E2c's. I also like the design of the E3c's more than the E2c's. If you can afford the E3c's why not step up to the E4c's? You can get them for $180 if I can remember.

May 22, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 7
Well the thing is, I already stepped my budget up from E2Cs (~$61) to the E3Cs (~$114).
wink.gif

Thanks for your input though!

May 22, 2005 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by D2X2903
What's the difference (aside from color) between the E3 and E3C? does one sound better than the other?

Can anyone tell me how the ultra soft sleeve sizes are in reference to something like the MX300/MX400? I'm wondering if I should get the small, medium, or large. The MX300 buds are too big for my ears, but those sleeves acutally go in the canal...

And finally, which would you rather listen to: E2C or E3(C)?

The e3 is grey and comes in a different box and maybe different accessories (though i'm not sure about that). As for the sleeves, you can't judge from the mx3/400. Most people are mediums, though that's something you can't really tell without trying them out. You could order PA749A to try all sizes.

I think the e3c is much better than the e2c.

May 22, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 7
From what I'd read, the E3's were much more listenable than the E2's and I am very happy with my choice. Buying the E3's saved me the trouble of upgrading later on.

May 22, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 7
IMHO the e3c at 2x the cost does not sound 2x as good as the e2c. I amp my e2c with a portrta amp2 and its stellar. Cleans up the sound across the spectrum, highs clean up and appear to me less recessed. Sub bass resonates nice and low and tight. Responds well to EQ adjustments too.

Id take an e2c + PA2 for $120 over an unamped e3c.

This is it for me. I feel no need to upgrade further, till the e2c craps out, but then at that point Im going all out on some custom UEs or sensas.

Just me thoughts.
Garrett

May 22, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 7
I had the e2c's & then switched to the 3's. The sound is considerably cleaner w/the 3's. The bass is not quite as strong - but is much tighter & cleaner & the highs are much better. As far as fit - I have a very small ear canal & the 3's fit much better. I use them at the gym & had a lot of trouble keeping the 2's in my ear when I was working out. The 3's don't give me that problem --- I use the small soft flex sleeve & they work well for me. They are the most comfortable of the sleeves to me.

now I am anxiously awaiting the 4's that I have ordered!! Can't wait to hear them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back