Its March Madness: UE10's are here!!!
Mar 18, 2006 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

ScubaSteve87

1000+ Head-Fier
Well my UE10's have arrived. I just picked them up earlier today. Wow, they look awesome, too busy listening to get pics, but hoepfully in the next few days. I have been without headphones so long, I can't comment right now on how they sound compared to anything. All I know is that they sound great, extremely smooth and detailed, not the faintest touch of harshness. Oh and the comfort? Outsanding. They just slide in and disappear. I used them on a smal roadtrip 2 and from Milwaukee and could easliy fall asleep with them in. Hopefully more to come later and pics

Mar 18, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 19
Ah, sweet. Congrats on your purchase. However, I don't find custom IEMs good for pretty much anybody anymore...

1.) You have to eventually replace them within a few years.
2.) Can't resell them.
3.) Evemtually, universal IEMs (I won't say its model name here
rolleyes.gif
) will catch up to the quality offered by custom ones.

Overall, if you have the money, get them. I rememeber PM'ing u in the past about these, and right now I'm in ur position almost; trying to pull enough money together for either the *censored* or AKG K701s w/ an amp.

Again, congrats on your fine purchase. Did that injecting stuff feel weird? My reflexes would make me try to shake/slap it out.

Mar 18, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 19
I know you were wanting these forever! Gongrats on getting them. Let me know how Tupac sounds out of them....I am curious as to whether they will have the bass I want for that genre of music. I'm also a college student; I repsect your ability to save up all that money for the UE-10 as much as I envy you for getting them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyways....congrats....let us know how they work out for you

Mar 18, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4n3
I know you were wanting these forever! Gongrats on getting them. Let me know how Tupac sounds out of them....I am curious as to whether they will have the bass I want for that genre of music. I'm also a college student; I repsect your ability to save up all that money for the UE-10 as much as I envy you for getting them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyways....congrats....let us know how they work out for you

The bass is actually quite amzing. Im not about bass quantity at all, but quality. This isn't for someone who like overwhelming bass(Dt770), but if you want nice balanced bass this is great. The thing that amazes me is the impact. These have the best impact out of any iem I have ever heard. I didn't think you could get such good impact from a IEM

Mar 18, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 19
Congradulation.

Ever since I got it, I have been using it at least 4 hours every day with my Hornet, and I am still amazed by it.

By the way, anyone who heard UE10 Pro with Hornet and SR71 can comment on the synergy?

I personally think UE10 Pro has great synergy with the Hornet.

Mar 18, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 19
Wow it's been a while since anyone posted a thread to do with the UE10Pro. Congrats on the purchase (and delivery)! You've got us all drooling...

Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Congradulation.

Ever since I got it, I have been using it at least 4 hours every day with my Hornet, and I am still amazed by it.

By the way, anyone who heard UE10 Pro with Hornet and SR71 can comment on the synergy?

I personally think UE10 Pro has great synergy with the Hornet.

Some people find that the UE10 Pro have too low an impedance to be amped effectively. They say that the UE10 Pro sound worse amped than unamped. However, you clearly think it's ok. What aspects of the UE10 Pro improve when used with the Hornet?

Mar 18, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Wow it's been a while since anyone posted a thread to do with the UE10Pro. Congrats on the purchase (and delivery)! You've got us all drooling...

Some people find that the UE10 Pro have too low an impedance to be amped effectively. They say that the UE10 Pro sound worse amped than unamped. However, you clearly think it's ok. What aspects of the UE10 Pro improve when used with the Hornet?

Yap, you are right. I feel the UE10 Pro already perform quite outstanding without the amp, but I do find when UE10 Pro paired with a fully break-in Hornet, UE10 Pro does improve a bit in dynamics and the sound is even more 3D. Basically, UE10 Pro does sound a bit boring sometimes, and the Hornet does color the sound a bit making it a bit more fun, in my opinion.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #13 of 19
Congratulations ScubaSteve87 and welcome to the club!
I am not about bass quantity, but want quality. The UE-10's definately provide that quality which I crave. Moreover, they provide fantastic isolation. Even though I own other headphones, I find I use the UE-10's the most due to their comfort and isolation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz

Well, I own the Hornet and I use it almost exclusively with my UE-10's. On the whole I find the bass gets tighter and more defined. The mids are much smoother and the highs come out a bit more. I have not heard the UE-10's with the SR-71 though.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
1.) You have to eventually replace them within a few years.
2.) Can't resell them.
3.) Evemtually, universal IEMs (I won't say its model name here
rolleyes.gif
) will catch up to the quality offered by custom ones.

As for this, well:
1) Not if you take good care of them.
2) Yeah - that is a downside - but with how they sound - why would you want to sell them?
tongue.gif

3) Eventually, maybe. It's a different flavor which may not be neccesarily better. If you look at the thread about the E500's v. UE-10's, you can see that some of us prefered the E500's while other's adamantly prefered the UE-10's. The E500's are fantastic but they are a different flavor than the UE-10's. Plus, the price you pay for the UE-10's is for sound + comfort + isolation + customization. The E500’s are very comfortable but do even come close to my UE-10’s. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
As for this, well:
1) Not if you take good care of them.
2) Yeah - that is a downside - but with how they sound - why would you want to sell them?
tongue.gif

3) Eventually, maybe. It's a different flavor which may not be neccesarily better. If you look at the thread about the E500's v. UE-10's, you can see that some of us prefered the E500's while other's adamantly prefered the UE-10's. The E500's are fantastic but they are a different flavor than the UE-10's. Plus, the price you pay for the UE-10's is for sound + comfort + isolation + customization. The E500’s are very comfortable but do even come close to my UE-10’s. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
rolleyes.gif

I baby'ed my UE-10s and one of the drivers still blew out. They have a life expectency for about 3 years(info from UE). I suspect most drivers should last more than 3 years. Mine did not last 3 years, however. (Don't forget the warrenty is only 1 year)
They sound great, but really for $900 I was expecting more. Between UE-10s and my AKG K701s(similar sounds except for soundstage), I listen almost exclusively to the K701s. If I could sell off my UE-10s for $600 to finance a high-end amp or source I'd do it in a hurry.

UE-10 does have things that nothing else can touch: customization, isolation, *LOOKS* so that's definitely an advantage that makes them unique(except for the other custom IEM makers, but AFAIK UE offers the most customization options)

Yes they sound great, but $900 great? They don't sound as good as $300 full-sized cans and that's my dissappointment right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back