Its go time..time to buy
Jun 26, 2005 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

stev310

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone...

Ok so i have been using the sony 71s fontopia. I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread since they were the first good headphones I have had but now the left earbud had a lower volume then the right. I am looking for some new ones now, im thinking of getting the px100's or the Grado RS60's what do you guys think of the two? Which is better sounding I like rich bass. What does everyone think i should get next ill be buying today or tomorrow. Is there a way to fix my sonys i have heard theres a fix to get the left headphone to get back to normal. Well please give me some input i have heard excellent things about both the px100s and the grados im not sure which way to lean. Or are the shure e2c's a better choice then the 100s and the RS60s

If anyone has a fix for my headphones that would be amazing! Thanks everyone for the help and the time!

Jun 26, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 18
I have both PX100's and SR60s, the PX100's give a bit more bass on the deepest part of the pool, but the SR60's are the better sounding headphone. But of course, the PX100's are a far superior headphone for on-the-go use since they are small, compact and fold up for storage.

E2C's are a different headphone, I don't like their sound as much as the above two, but what you get for the price is amazing noise isolation, something the above two completely fail miserably at. Even on a bus, or plane, you'll be able to enjoy your music, whereas you might be better off just leaving the other two at home.

Jun 26, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 18
If portability is not an issue, then SR60, hands down.

BTW, I got my PX100 at Costco last year for $35. I don't know if it was a one-time thing or if it is regularly stocked (I don't seem to recall seeing any after I got them).

One more edit... I know you didn't list them as an option but you should consider the Koss KSC75. They sound about as good as the SR60 but cost less than $20 and they're definitely portable. But one caveat, the KSC75 benefit from amping.

Jun 27, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by stev310
i can get the x100s from ecost for 39.99 where can i get a good deal on the Grados

Basically, nowhere. Grado's sell for $69 at authorized Grado dealers....that's the price you have to pay

Jun 27, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Basically, nowhere. Grado's sell for $69 at authorized Grado dealers....that's the price you have to pay

you now can get these grado from onecall.com they're the same price as grado's site but i'm pretty sure they'll ship it faster.

http://www.onecall.com/ModelSearch.h...63_0_0_0_0_0_0

Jun 27, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #9 of 18
I just want to get one thing straight... will the PX100s sound better than the Sony EX71s fontopias? I like the sound of them while they worked and want to make sure that the px100s will sound better than them...are the sony EX71 really that bad compaired to the others im looking at because i might just get another pair of the EX71s if the px100s arent much better or RS60

Jun 27, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

I just want to get one thing straight... will the PX100s sound better than the Sony EX71s fontopias?

I think so...but you have to the final judge. Sometimes, if you are used to one set of headphones, other ones....not matter how good, sound wrong. But if you know what to listen for, the PX100's do more things right and sound more realistic than the EX71's

Most people here probably don't think the EX71's are very good in general. The PX100's are up there with the top five recommended picks for a portable phone around $50

Jun 27, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #11 of 18
Ok i can get a pair for 39.99 from ecost right now, im thinking of ordering tonight. I want to make sure this is the right decision, I saw the etymotic er4s for about 65 bucks and the e2cs for 55..this is a big decision since i listen to music often and need a great set of headphones

Jun 27, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Ok i can get a pair for 39.99 from ecost right now, im thinking of ordering tonight. I want to make sure this is the right decision, I saw the etymotic er4s for about 65 bucks

You mean the 6i, not the 4S. The 4S normally sells for around $200+

Go with the PX100, I think you'll like them.

There is always the chance you won't....story here:
I know a guy who bought them for $30 on sale which was an amazing price (here in Canada, they are normally at least $60 US) , and he thought they were too expensive and didn't sound good. Needless to say, I was shocked, but he honestly thought his $20 Logitech headphones were better. Go figure.

Headroom lists the PX-100 as one of their top ten headphones, and these guys really are straight shooters....
http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-ap...st-headphones/

Jun 27, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

are the e2c's worth 20 bucks more than the px100s?

I don't think so ***UNLESS*** you need headphones that block outside noise.

Jun 27, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #15 of 18
Thanks a lot for the help making my decision....i will try out the px100s should i get them from ecost for 39 99 or from headroom for 49 99...since headroom has the guarentee that u can send them back if your not happy with them..not too sure about ecosts policy. I was happy with the ex71s while they worked so if the px100s are better i should be really happy with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back