It's down to tweaking the fuses now
Jul 31, 2004 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Brandon_Ottawa

100+ Head-Fier
I've been reading way too much A/A lately in my quest to achieve another <2 % sonic improvement in my rig. Tonight I came across the topic of fuse tweaking. It's not a new topic on Head-fi (a quick search found a fuse rolling/tweak thread from late last year). I just thought I'd bring up the topic for discussion again because it seems as though it could be a cheap effective tweak.

According to the guys on A/A...ceramic fuses sound best because they are less mechanically resonant than glass tubed fuses. Someone even went as far as to apply small Marigo anti resonant dots on the end of his fuses in order to reduce vibration. He suggested that there was a major change for the better. Another thread suggested that there is directionality for fuses and that fast-blo fuses sounded better. Also, Littlefuse is better than Bussman. AND...I also read the thread on fuse-rolling on Head-fi.

So...
1st we ProGold/de-oxit/SST (or whatever you like) our fuse clips/sockets and...

Ceramic > Glass
Fast-Blo > Slow-Blow
Littlefuse > Bussman
Cryo'd > non-cryo'd

So... I want a ceramic-fast-blo-Littlefuse with the appropriate ratings that has been croy'd and treated with progold, and I better be damn sure that I put in with the current flow since it's directional?!!!

Anything else to add or dismiss? Discuss.

Jul 31, 2004 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon_Ottawa
I've been reading way too much A/A lately in my quest to achieve another <2 % sonic improvement in my rig.
Anything else to add or dismiss? Discuss.

fuses huh, hmm.. i guess anything is possible after hearing the benifits of SST. but seriously, you ,must be running out of things to do to be tweaking fuses.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 6
here's my advice. stay away from A/A.

time spent away from there gives you a better chance of just listening to and enjoying the music.

Aug 1, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 6
If you're still not happy with your system's performance, maybe you have more pressing issues than the pedigree of your fuses.

NGF

Aug 4, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon_Ottawa

So... I want a ceramic-fast-blo-Littlefuse with the appropriate ratings that has been croy'd and treated with progold, and I better be damn sure that I put in with the current flow since it's directional?!!!

LOL
biggrin.gif
I bet you could sell that croy'd and directional fuse for $10 each!
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Funny that they sell Littlefuse's here in Singapore when we use the 240v ac system. Whereas I'm quite certain you guys in the States can get hold of the Microfuse's which are meant for the 240v ac system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back