it's a beautiful thing
Jul 17, 2002 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TaffyGuy

100+ Head-Fier
hmmm, some of you guys should consider some mind expansion. here's what i suggest:

bill evans trio - sunday night at the village vanguard
greatful dead - live dead
amon tobin - permutation
david grisman quintet - dgq20
miles davis - ESP
radiohead - Kid A
bela fleck & the flecktones - left of cool
the roots - things fall apart
phish - billy breaths
ahmad jamal - at the pershing / but not for me

hmm i'd say that'd probably widen your views just a smidge. (notice i don't know **** about classical... i've got plenty of expanding to do myself)

enjoy the chill

Jul 18, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 7
yes sir

Jul 20, 2002 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by TaffyGuy
hmmm, some of you guys should consider some mind expansion. here's what i suggest:......................
enjoy the chill

to knock myself from arrogant to stupid i'll throw in that that was -supposed- to be a reply. Still, give these guys a try, you won't regret it.

No ofense taken - I know it was meant in a possitive manner...

I like to expand myself
biggrin.gif
just that I preffer to know, at least aproximativelly, in what direction...otherwise I may blow up... bill evans,ahmad jamal and miles davis I know,grateful dead and radiohead also, what styles are the other?

Jul 20, 2002 at 6:16 PM Post #5 of 7
eh, i hate classifying music.. and i listen to a lot of unclassifiable things... but if i must

amon tobin - brazillian jazz influenced drum&bass DJ works alright

david grisman - well... its "dawg music" which is bluegrass, jazz, celtic...

the roots - jazz hip hop

bela fleck & the flecktones - umm... arguably the best banjoist and the best electric bassist (bela and victor wooten), wacky guy on a synth hand held drum kit, and a pretty decent wind player. they're all nerds.

phish is a post greatful dead sort of band (even though they overlapped quite a bit) and a bit more goofy. It's a pretty shameless recommendation i suppose but they're a lot of fun and that album has great sound.

somtimtes its hard to accept new genres right away, but IMO some stuff is just unarguably good. and i decided to post a short list (a reply to "good music to chill out to" but i ******* up button pressing)

Jul 20, 2002 at 8:42 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

...that that was -supposed- to be a reply.

A good way to prevent that from happening is to not fill out the subject field.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back