IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Apr 20, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #586 of 669
between it01s and b400, I have read some impressions on both in here.
Both seem have different sound signature. However which one give more wow factor?
I rhint I want to buy one of those.
The IT01s gives more wow factor IMO. It has a more exciting dynamic bass, more clarity and better dynamic range. Having said that, the B400 has superb instrument separation and a very smooth, inviting sound. Both are really good but I think you might prefer the IT01s. Also, if cable quality is important to you, the B400 cable kinda sucks, especially compared to the nice iBasso one.

Apr 20, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #587 of 669
The IT01s gives more wow factor IMO. It has a more exciting dynamic bass, more clarity and better dynamic range. Having said that, the B400 has superb instrument separation and a very smooth, inviting sound. Both are really good but I think you might prefer the IT01s. Also, if cable quality is important to you, the B400 cable kinda sucks, especially compared to the nice iBasso one.

That sure is very exciting and inviting to me.

Which one is better for female vocal?
I have heard in the non-s version has a slightly v-shaped sound so the mid get slightly take a back seat. How about the s version?

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #588 of 669
That sure is very exciting and inviting to me.

Which one is better for female vocal?
I have heard in the non-s version has a slightly v-shaped sound so the mid get slightly take a back seat. How about the s version?

Non-s has a pronounced v-shape or L-shape sound whereas it01s is slightly v-shaped & much more neutral than non-s. Vocals are more forward on the it01s, think you'll like it.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #589 of 669
Is the IT01s a good pairing with the Chord Mojo or Shanling M0?
Can it be worn straight-down?
How is it compared to the Periodic Audio Be?
Is it good for progressive electronic music?
Thanks

Apr 25, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #591 of 669
Has anyone by chance used the final audio Type E tips on their it01s , are they any good?

I have them. They are a super tight fit but work. I didn't love fitment though, so didn't use them for these IEMs.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #592 of 669
Hi @Lacas,

Apologies for the delay in reply.

Is the IT01s a good pairing with the Chord Mojo or Shanling M0?

IT 01s pairs well with just about everything so it depends on your personal preferences more than anything else.
Though considering Mojo is an amp & M0 is a source, they can't really be compared.
The latter I would suggest works better as a wireless transmitter as all IEM plugs tend to be bigger &/or the same size as M0 so depending on how you may treat your gear, if by accident, it is still possible to break the M0 if connected to an IEM.

Can it be worn straight-down?

No, IT 01s is not designed for straight down, especially given MMCX connector placement but over the ear.

How is it compared to the Periodic Audio Be?

Different, subjectively & personally, I like both IT 01s & Be though I lean towards IT 01s though given the exchange rate where I am, in terms of overall value, IT 01s wins though Be still tempts me.
But in general terms, subjectively & personally, Be has a more balanced frequency response compared to IT 01 & while not necessary, a good source &/amp will make a difference for either, just depends on taste.
Your mileage will definitely vary.

Is it good for progressive electronic music?

Yes. No problem there though subjectively & personally, IT 01s might hit harder than Be but depends entirely on you.

Hope you have a great day !

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #593 of 669
Though considering Mojo is an amp & M0 is a source, they can't really be compared.
The latter I would suggest works better as a wireless transmitter as all IEM plugs tend to be bigger &/or the same size as M0 so depending on how you may treat your gear, if by accident, it is still possible to break the M0 if connected to an IEM.
The Mojo pairs well with any IEM, and I also think it‘s a stretch comparing it with the M0. The Shanling M0 is a brilliant little DAP, the Mojo is providing brilliant sound in an astonishingly small package.
Convenience: M0
Sound quality: Mojo

Mojo has a smooth and slightly warm sound with very natural timbre, very detailed and deep sound stage

Apr 29, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #594 of 669
The Mojo pairs well with any IEM, and I also think it‘s a stretch comparing it with the M0. The Shanling M0 is a brilliant little DAP, the Mojo is providing brilliant sound in an astonishingly small package.
Convenience: M0
Sound quality: Mojo

Mojo has a smooth and slightly warm sound with very natural timbre, very detailed and deep sound stage

Hi @surfgeorge,

I wasn't really comparing as I don't do that in the first place, I was just answering @Lacas' questions.

I agree Mojo does have the better overall sound to a degree & does pair very well with any IEM, especially as you describe though personally & subjectively, not a fan of Mojo for various reasons.

Hope you have a great day !

May 4, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #596 of 669
I'm debating between these or the It01, I'll mostly listen to metal music via my phone... :) Sure the It01 is more V-shaped which i enjoy, but the IT01s seems better in most other areas.

May 5, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #597 of 669
I'm debating between these or the It01, I'll mostly listen to metal music via my phone... :) Sure the It01 is more V-shaped which i enjoy, but the IT01s seems better in most other areas.

Well you can pick-up a reasonably priced nearly new IT01 on ebay in the UK at the moment and give it a try, then sell it again if its not for you. I know the seller, make him an offer and he may accept it. :wink:

I do "currently" own both the IT01 and IT01s and agree with your comments on the relative sound signatures, but I can't really comment on which one you would prefer, its really a question that only you can answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back