IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Jan 4, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #256 of 669
Just curious,

Probably ridiculous question, who else is enjoying the IT 01s?

Hope everyone has a great day !

Seems like 90% of the people that have it here! I can't wait to get in-person impressions from the other folks at CanJam.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #257 of 669
Seems like 90% of the people that have it here! I can't wait to get in-person impressions from the other folks at CanJam.

Hi @meringo,

I don't think you will be disappointed, feeback I mean, especially if you meet others who like the IT series.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #260 of 669
I am. Been listening to mine since finishishing burn in. I posted this on the discovery thread but I will post it here too.

I sold off my IT01 a while ago so not 100% on these thoughts but from what I remember the IT01s is every way an upgrade on the sonics. It is at a different level in refinements from bass to treble. It has better balancing so while bass is less emphasized on the IT01s it has the better quality in terms of speed and just as good as the IT01 in extension. Sub bass rumble after burn in the IT01S is amazing in the bass area. Stage I want to say is similar in width but the IT01s has the better depth of sound.
The big difference here is now the IT01S has a very nicely defined mid section too. The IT01 while I didn't think was too recessed in the mids was not going to be known for having a great mids section. The IT01S vocals and instruments have their own space to work with due to the much higher resolution. Better micro and macro details as a results. The mids on the IT01s is not forward but no where near recessed either. It is at the perfect balanced level vs the bass and treble. Then there is the treble. On open listen it seems like it might be a brighter iem but after burn in the treble has clean clear crisp definition. Definitely more refined in the treble area over the older IT01.

There is really not an area of sound the new IT01S is not improved that is why they sound like a completely new earphone. If you own the older IT01 and want a clear upgrade IT01S is exactly this. You can safely sell off your IT01 and you will not loose sleep over them. Put that money you got back toward an IT01S.

While the IT01S does not quite reach the sonics of the IT04. They are just as capable and just as enjoyable to listen to which is amazing considering it cost less than half the price of the IT04. IT01s is not as airy or does it quite have the same instrument separation or as wide a stage as the IT04. One can argue the IT01S actually has the better coherency but the IT04 is Ibassos flagship model for a reason. The better value is actually with the IT01S over the IT04 but at the same time the IT04 is arguably Ibasso's most refined earphone.

Yeah, I have the IT01, IT03, IT04 and now IT01s.
I'd have to second everything @Dsnuts said in this excellent post.
It pretty much sums up everything I have been thinking in my initial impressions of the IT01s.
I've burned it in for around 200 hours (could be more or less, not sure) before listening to it and have just started using it over the last couple of days.
It's excellent.

And I'll let you in on a little shameful audiophile secret; I'm something of a bass-head still :p
Actually, when I was reading the impressions of the IT01s on here (before I listened to my own), I was a bit apprehensive.
I really like the bass on the original IT01. It's a bit of an L-shaped signature and it's not the best signature for certain genres, but for rock, pop, EDM, Motown, soul and Hip-Hop (possibly others too), it's so much fun!

So I was delighted to find to my surprise that the IT01s is not the ugly second cousin when it comes to the bass stakes! :)
It has power, rumble, tactility and presence to spare and without any of the mid-range bloat that can come with such prowess.
And yes, also everything else that has been written about on here :)

Jan 4, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #261 of 669
Oh yea bass is not weak but very satisfying on the IT01s. Love mine to bits. I think more and more guys once getting the IT01s will figure this out. It really has way more positives to the sound than not. I am glad it is different in the best say possible over the older IT01. I think people might have been happy with just a slight tweek to the old graphene driver but the leap in sound quality. Sure it is double the cost and usually you don't get double the refinements but in this case. It literally is double the refinements minus quantity of bass.

Jan 4, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #263 of 669
Yeah, I have the IT01, IT03, IT04 and now IT01s.
I'd have to second everything @Dsnuts said in this excellent post.
It pretty much sums up everything I have been thinking in my initial impressions of the IT01s.
I've burned it in for around 200 hours (could be more or less, not sure) before listening to it and have just started using it over the last couple of days.
It's excellent.

And I'll let you in on a little shameful audiophile secret; I'm something of a bass-head still :p
Actually, when I was reading the impressions of the IT01s on here (before I listened to my own), I was a bit apprehensive.
I really like the bass on the original IT01. It's a bit of an L-shaped signature and it's not the best signature for certain genres, but for rock, pop, EDM, Motown, soul and Hip-Hop (possibly others too), it's so much fun!

So I was delighted to find to my surprise that the IT01s is not the ugly second cousin when it comes to the bass stakes! :)
It has power, rumble, tactility and presence to spare and without any of the mid-range bloat that can come with such prowess.
And yes, also everything else that has been written about on here :)

That's reassuring to hear as I'm a big fan of deep, impactful bass and was what I liked so much about the original IT01.

Jan 5, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #264 of 669
Oh yea bass is not weak but very satisfying on the IT01s. Love mine to bits. I think more and more guys once getting the IT01s will figure this out. It really has way more positives to the sound than not. I am glad it is different in the best say possible over the older IT01. I think people might have been happy with just a slight tweek to the old graphene driver but the leap in sound quality. Sure it is double the cost and usually you don't get double the refinements but in this case. It literally is double the refinements minus quantity of bass.
Actually I think if iBasso would have decided to tweak original IT01, it would have been pretty close (if not very similar) to S version, without substantial price raise. I`m loving mine as modded ;P
But I`m still torn between S-version and Kanas Pro. Waiting for @chickenmoon to receive his IT01S and compare it to KP. I`m little hesitating because of Jamato words about KP vs. S and still think it is more of subjective point of view rather objective as looking at graphs found about KP, It doesn`t seem to be so "inferior" to S.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #265 of 669
Actually I think if iBasso would have decided to tweak original IT01, it would have been pretty close (if not very similar) to S version, without substantial price raise. I`m loving mine as modded ;P
But I`m still torn between S-version and Kanas Pro. Waiting for @chickenmoon to receive his IT01S and compare it to KP. I`m little hesitating because of Jamato words about KP vs. S and still think it is more of subjective point of view rather objective as looking at graphs found about KP, It doesn`t seem to be so "inferior" to S.
I have run the KP for over 300 hours now. I really want to like these and have tried the stock tips, wide bore tips, tighter fitting tips, etc. and the KP just not to my liking. They don't have the solid bass line of the IT01s nor the quality sound, IMO. I want them to work so bad because I like the size and the shell material and the fit. I would enjoy using them along with the IT01s if they complemented them. They have a nice open sound, good separation and very decent transparency but they lack a good foundation to the sound. I will keep burning them in but past 300 hours I don't know that there will be any changes so I will try more tips.

The IT01s on the other hand do take a long time to totally burn in but totally worth it. The IT04 are a little more airy and more open sounding but the IT01s for quality of sound, are there. Again, IMO. They portray the music in a different way so complement the IT04.

Back to the KP, I just don't understand why they didn't put in a 2.5 with an adapter. I have tried them balanced and I think the sound improves. Also the accessories they really cheap out on and they need to include a bigger variety of tips and go beyond medium.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #266 of 669
I have run the KP for over 300 hours now. I really want to like these and have tried the stock tips, wide bore tips, tighter fitting tips, etc. and the KP just not to my liking. They don't have the solid bass line of the IT01s nor the quality sound, IMO. I want them to work so bad because I like the size and the shell material and the fit. I would enjoy using them along with the IT01s if they complemented them. They have a nice open sound, good separation and very decent transparency but they lack a good foundation to the sound. I will keep burning them in but past 300 hours I don't know that there will be any changes so I will try more tips.

The IT01s on the other hand do take a long time to totally burn in but totally worth it. The IT04 are a little more airy and more open sounding but the IT01s for quality of sound, are there. Again, IMO. They portray the music in a different way so complement the IT04.

Back to the KP, I just don't understand why they didn't put in a 2.5 with an adapter. I have tried them balanced and I think the sound improves. Also the accessories they really cheap out on and they need to include a bigger variety of tips and go beyond medium.
If you have already got 300 hours, I don't think it's going to change much. Kanas pro from my memory sounds closer to IT04 if you consider the sound stage and the mids being slightly on the thinner/ brighter side.
IT01S from the reviews looks like more fuller and warmer mids and less open sound stage. I may be wrong on this as I still haven't got IT01S.

Jan 5, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #267 of 669
If you have already got 300 hours, I don't think it's going to change much. Kanas pro from my memory sounds closer to IT04 if you consider the sound stage and the mids being slightly on the thinner/ brighter side.
IT01S from the reviews looks like more fuller and warmer mids and less open sound stage. I may be wrong on this as I still haven't got IT01S.

Your description of the IT01S and IT04 mirrors mine. The more pronounced low end on the IT01S adds more body/warmth to the mids. It's make the tuning more inviting in my opinion. The IT04 is more refined and definitely has a wider soundstage but the relative "thin" sound can be problematic.

I don't have many hours on the IT01S, but at this early stage I think I prefer the IT01S over the IT04, regardless of price.

Jan 5, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #268 of 669
Your description of the IT01S and IT04 mirrors mine. The more pronounced low end on the IT01S adds more body/warmth to the mids. It's make the tuning more inviting in my opinion. The IT04 is more refined and definitely has a wider soundstage but the relative "thin" sound can be problematic.

I don't have many hours on the IT01S, but at this early stage I think I prefer the IT01S over the IT04, regardless of price.
I don't feel KP to be as thin as It04, but relatively on brighter side. I like KP better based on my personal preference.
Some people like campfire comets more than campfire atlas it's not about the price. Finally its all about personal preferences. :)

Jan 6, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #269 of 669
To me, looking at graphs and Your impressions, seems You rather prefer more mid-bass presence than "diving" sub-bass extension. I can`t see any lack in mid-bass or sub-bass when looking at KP graphs. Maybe regular Kanas would fit Your taste better?
On contrary, I follow @chickenmoon impressions as he seems to hear same way I do and he very much likes the bass area of KP without any raised/prominent mid-bass.
Now, You also saying KP has open sound, separation and transparency is another note I would like them tad better than S. Like I said, I`ll wait for chickenmoon impressions and then decide which to get.
Anyway, I wouldn`t jump on something only based on one person opinion and not comparing graphs enough.

Jan 6, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #270 of 669
To me, looking at graphs and Your impressions, seems You rather prefer more mid-bass presence than "diving" sub-bass extension. I can`t see any lack in mid-bass or sub-bass when looking at KP graphs. Maybe regular Kanas would fit Your taste better?
On contrary, I follow @chickenmoon impressions as he seems to hear same way I do and he very much likes the bass area of KP without any raised/prominent mid-bass.
Now, You also saying KP has open sound, separation and transparency is another note I would like them tad better than S. Like I said, I`ll wait for chickenmoon impressions and then decide which to get.
Anyway, I wouldn`t jump on something only based on one person opinion and not comparing graphs enough.

Hawai bad boy is also releasing the reviews of both IEMs soon, no idea if he's dong a direct comparison tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back