it sounds better late at night
Jul 1, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 43
Yes, warming up the equipment can be very important.

Especially my CDP needs at least a 1/2hr of warm-up before being at it´s best. My MPX3 seems much sooner eager for action. Usually, I spin a full CD before listening.

Jul 1, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 43
yeah I believe that's because all the other senses are weaken when you sleep. Thus listening becomes more sensible. What's more, the sympathetic nerve is also weaken and gives place to the parasympathetic nerve. This also contribute to the better experience of music.

Jul 1, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #18 of 43
Interesting replies everyone.

Also interesting is that I don't quite remember creating this thread yesterday night.
confused.gif
hah

Jul 1, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #19 of 43
Couple things to add:

1. If you actually listen in the dark, I believe that since your eyes aren't receiving stimulation your brain can devote more attention to your listening.

2. At night, your body begins to kick out a different set of chemicals, ones for sleeping and dreaming, and your brain changes state. This nighttime brain state may be partially responsible for the enhanced pleasure of nighttime listening.

Jul 1, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #20 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Interesting replies everyone.

Also interesting is that I don't quite remember creating this thread yesterday night.
confused.gif
hah

Half asleep eh?
tongue.gif

Anyway, I know this phenomenon, too. Things can sound so realistic it's almost scary. I've ended up turning my head thinking I heard some noise from behind, only to find that it was merely something in the music...

Jul 1, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #22 of 43
Actually, I've found that music sounds better by far in the morning, right after I wake up. I am clearly able to hear more detail (about twice as much, though there's really no way to measure), and any music is also a lot more involving.

I think it has something to do with my ears and brain being rested during sleep.

Jul 2, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
Actually, I've found that music sounds better by far in the morning, right after I wake up. I am clearly able to hear more detail (about twice as much, though there's really no way to measure), and any music is also a lot more involving.

I think it has something to do with my ears and brain being rested during sleep.

I second that.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only because I'm more likely to have been drinking when it's late at night
280smile.gif

This

Also, late at night you get more in the mood for a quiet listening session than in the daytime.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Late at night with the room dark, I enjoy listening to the DT880 at ultra-low volume.

It's a great way to relax before going to sleep.

hmm.... better than HE60?

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #29 of 43
it seems having scientific support.

It is mainly there are less activities at night, so less power consumption, less disturbance, so the power coming into the system are "cleaner"

However, i also prefer enjoying music after waking up. it seems our body are likely more sensitive to the sound.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #30 of 43
Lets not forget all the alcohol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back