It seems like more music is audible from the right side
Jun 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 16
Use a software to swap left and right channels on your source, does the other side become louder. If so its inherent in the songs.

If not, wear the left earbud in your right ear and vice versa. Does the other side become louder. If so its your equipment.

If not, its you.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont think its you.

Yeah I agree. However, I do get the same "effect" with my Turbines if i get a weird seal on my left ear. Volume is lopsided to the right. Same sort of thing happened to my PFEs, but the filters in the left piece always seemed to break...I have no idea why.

Jun 5, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #8 of 16
Well at least for me, it cant be dirty ears, because I don't get that weird volume problem with my IE7s.

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #9 of 16
If the imbalance is not that great, I wouldn't doubt that it's just your ears. I hear slightly more / different sounds in my left ear, even with custom monitors. As has already been suggested, try swapping the left and right. If the imbalance doesn't change per each ear, then it's definitely you.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I agree. However, I do get the same "effect" with my Turbines if i get a weird seal on my left ear. Volume is lopsided to the right. Same sort of thing happened to my PFEs, but the filters in the left piece always seemed to break...I have no idea why.

My first pair of Turbine had that too. Volume slightly lopsided to the right. It turns out they were defective (no bass), and when I got the replacements I figured the same problem would occur, as I DID get that problem with other IEMs before, but now, not so.

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #12 of 16
As mentioned, there could be a number of issues. Sometimes, if you are experiencing allergies or have a slight inner ear infection, your volume perception can change between your ears. Also, often a set of phones will have unbalanced driver efficiencies. If these are new phones, take them back and swap them out. I've had to do this a few times. Additionally, if you have another set of other phones, try them to see if the same source material is balanced the same. As someone suggested above, use software or a hardware cable to interchange the channels and see if the volume peception switches. Check the phones for wax in the ports. If you are using foam tips, be sure one is not smashed closed.

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or you can try pressing your earphones abit. for me, my right ear canal is larger abit so there is a tiny gap.

I think Charlie wins a cigar, no fit is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back