It all fit...
Oct 23, 2002 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

erix

500+ Head-Fier
But DAMN that's a lot of wires...

port-2.jpg

This is a multi-loop amp with the modified Linkwitz crossfeed. It uses an AD823 opamp biased into Class A and EL2001 output buffers and virtual ground driver. Ruins off the internal 9V or via power jack on the side.

I have quite a few hours into the PCB layout but it worked at first fire up!

port-1.jpg

There are a lot of wires in a crossfeed amp - 10 or 12 - I can't remember. I don't think I'll do one like this anytime soon....
biggrin.gif

port-3.jpg

The LED hides behind the face plate. Crossfeed on the left, power on the right.

ok,
erix

Oct 23, 2002 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 23
Wow!!! Nicely done.
biggrin.gif

It amazes me how you get those Cerafines to fit wherever you want them to.

Oct 23, 2002 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 23
very nice. when are you taking orders?
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2002 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 23
erix,

Have you ever heard the Meier crossfeed circuit? If so, how would you characterize the Linkwitz compared to the Meier crossfeed?

Oct 23, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 23
Hey Possum,

I don't really like, use, or enjoy crosfeeds on headphones so I can't really comment on the differences in depth.

I've heard the Mier on the Cmoy/Hansen board and this one. This one seems more subtle. In fact I had to turn the balance all the way to one side on my source just to tell if it was on!

It's ok, I guess - just not my thing...

ok,
erix

Oct 23, 2002 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 23
Nice one! Suddenly the CMoy I'm working on doesn't seem so complex!
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2002 at 1:12 AM Post #7 of 23
Nice work, erix! Super-clean, and orderly layout. That IS damn tight near the pot... you've done very well.

I'm also interested in a board, if you get enough interest to do a run. Although I'm not really into crossfeed myself, either.

Oct 24, 2002 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Man, you're amazing

I'll bet it's nice being a Cerafine dealer, eh? (speaking of which, have you gotten any in yet?)

Heh, no I'm not - Sijose is! The amp part is his layout as is the crossfeed - I just bashed them together. Thanx for the props tho. None of my crap be rubbin....

I'm out of the Cerafine biz - JMT is my source now
biggrin.gif

Voodoochile:
I'm not going to make boards for this but I am planning on publishing the PCB artwork and instructions on how to make your own - it's not hard at all.

I just did a +/-12V regulated power supply board - only takes a few minutes..

Watch this space...

ok,
erix

Oct 24, 2002 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 23
Then where are we supposed to get our Cerafines when Welborne charges an arm and a leg?
frown.gif
wink.gif

Or did Erix mean that you're an "unofficial" dealer - i.e. buy large quantites of Cerafines direct and resell them?

Oct 24, 2002 at 5:57 AM Post #14 of 23
Well, JMT has corrected me; he is NOT a dealer for Cerafine and never was - unofficial or otherwise; he also does not and did not profit from the sale of any surplus caps he has lying around...

(damn you Antness and Fixup, making us all talk like lawyers
rolleyes.gif
)

Oct 24, 2002 at 7:44 AM Post #15 of 23
Hi erix!

Your amp is really beautiful and incredibly compact!
I hope one day to be able to do something similar in twice the space...

May I ask how much current it drains? Or how long a 9V battery lasts? Does the ad823 get somewhat warm?

Again, my sincere compliments,
Massimo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back