ISO: Durable Replacement Earphones for Audeo PFE 112's
May 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rockphantom

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy,

My 3rd pair of Phonak Audeo PFE 112's are dying a slow death.
I'm looking to purchase a replacement for these excellent sounding, but poorly built earphones.
Can anyone recommend an earphone that is comparable in sound quality to the PFE 112s?
My next set of earphones must be much more durable than the PFEs.
The reason I am on my third pair of PFEs, is because I've had to send my last two pairs back for warranty replacement due to poor build quality.
The first pair lasted less than six months, and the second pair died after one year of use! Frustrating!!

My next set of earphones must also not require me to purchase over priced add on such as "filters"!
What a racket!

To get to the point, I'd like earphones that sound as good, or better than the PFE 112s, which are also extremely durable, and won't require an additional investment beyond the initial purchase price. It should be noted that my budget for a new pair of phones is $200.

I will be using these earphones with a Cowon S9 (no amp) to listen to mostly classic hard rock & metal (Maiden/GNR/VH/Tesla/ACDC etc).
I may purchase a Cowon J3 in the near future if budget allows.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Milan

May 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #2 of 3
I forgot to mention that I'd like for next pair of earphones to be comfortable too.
I used a pair of Shure E4Cs for a few years. Every time I'd equip them, I felt like I was jamming carrots into my ears.

Milan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back