ISO a spindly slender A/V cart for DVD-viewing glee
Sep 18, 2002 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Five days before the anniversary of muh birth, I'm awaiting the delivery of a Malata N996. Funny thing about that DVD-player: it plays, converts and scales absolutely anything but has a tendency to overheat. Which is why I need to prance out and purchase a four-to-five-tier AV stand for my dinky bedroom -- one that will accomodate a 24" TV but *need not* have the capacity for anything larger. The thing should be fairly tall, since my new Sealy Spectre Pillowtop has made the viewing field a wee tad bit higher -- say, four feet off the ground.

Any ideas?

Sep 18, 2002 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Really nice -- and a glance at their dealer page reveals more than enough shrines in NYC to sanctify with papery green offerings. It's a little expensive, but there's a good chance I'll go with this. Thanks for the link, Buster. Yum.

Still, let's let the thread lengthen to snaky if possible. Any further ideas, h-m-m-m-m? Something to go with my puce-olive balsa phlegm decor?

Sep 18, 2002 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 7
The Boltz gear is expensive, but solid. It'll last for a long time.

I've seen other stuff that's cheaper in stores like IKEA, but more flimsy.

Sep 18, 2002 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 7
Some of the stands at Stereo Exchange in NYC looked nice when last I was there. Not so the various stands at J&R and the Wiz, which licked dung-beetle hindparts in comparison to the Boltz. Flimsy, unsightly, vile.

I do like Boltz as a company, actually. Their CD cases are companions to the Khrys life, too, and the wider top tier on the TV stand is an especially natty touch.

(Now all I need is an R. Weil wristwatch and I can saunter all over the pad before resuming bed-potatic status.)

Sep 18, 2002 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 7
You might also check out audioadvisor.com. They carry a number of good lines of stands
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2002 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 7
Took me a minute to get back to you because that site is so deep.

What an amazing selection. The TV stands weren't as interesting as the Boltz (they carry the brand but not the model), but fortunately, I spoke to a really helpful sales rep named Jesse who directed me to the audio racks instead, saying that a 20-27" television could fit on the top rack easily. We discussed the Lovan Classic I Four-tier Audio rack, which is currently on sale for $169. He didn't sell me by saying the stand looked "less industrial" than the Lovan (I happen to like industrial), but he did nail my price point prefs. At 1/3 the cost of the Boltz, the Lovan's enticing.

The Standesign Penta Five Shelf Audio Rack looked a bit sturdier and I do like that extra tier (since, in my bedroom, height isn't an issue). But at $449, it's making the Lovan look invitingly cheap and easy.

See, this is exactly what I was looking for, MD: Tons of possibilities. Thanks for the link!

I might still go back to the Boltz stand, but now I have options. And I haven't explored *all* the audio racks on that site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back