ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Dec 7, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #31 of 5,040
Ask and you will receive. This is the graph for the H40. Though it has a 7 K spike. It was done very tastefully. Doesn't assault the ears. No sibilance I can hear. Very nicely done. Mid bass grunt when called for and sub bass has almost no roll off. Will add the graph to the front page.
Very nice graph !! I know now it fits my requirements very very nicely. :)
I'm gonna buy them for sure

Dec 7, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #32 of 5,040
They did an awesome job being their first iem. I can tell they took their time on this one. I have yet to hear anything on the tuning I don't like. It has all of it. Bass, full on mids and extended detailed treble. Shocking they can do this on their first effort. I can't imagine with a few under their belts what they can achieve. They got the tuning aspect down. I see much more established manufacturers that have a whole list of iems that can't pull off the tuning these guys did.

This company is one to watch for imo. I have a feeling we will see more to come with them. In fact out of all the iems I have gotten this year for review or bought this year, these have to be the best things I have put in my ears. I do have the Kbear Tri I3 on order but this one is a complete surprise to me. will see how them Kbears do. But I don't expect it to be actually better than this one.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #33 of 5,040
@Dsnuts the graph looks similar to NX7 pro with silver filter and I can roughly imagine the sound signature, maybe more forwarded mids than NX7 pro + silver filter. Even NX7 pro also have that 7khz and 10-12khz boost but they are smooth after burn in period. How do you compare both IEM?

Dec 7, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #34 of 5,040
Your right sound balancing has some similarities. However what is the one knock on the NX7 earphones? Imagine NX7 pro with a wider deeper more enveloping stage. There is more 3Dness to the sound. It is like a higher end version of them. The mids have more depth and range. NX7 pro with carbon nantube bass is great but I want to say the H40 has more impact in the mid bass. Sub bass is very similar. NX7 might have the better texture in the sub regions but not by much. Treble has similar emphasis but due to the grander presentation on the H40, the precision of the treble is better realized on the H40. Piezo on the NX7 pros are responsible for the extension and super high treble but I do know some guys that are not fond of the sharper nature of the Piezo sound. The H40 sounds more natural in comparison. H40 I believe has a dual BA doing the treble work.

I asked Jim to consider throwing in them NX7 drivers and tuning in a larger shell to give it more stage. I would imagine if they did that it would be something similar to what ISN has done with the H40.

But somehow when you hear it. You really cant compare it to the NX7s. It has a power and immersion to the sound that is more than addictive. NX7 pros sound great especially for the price but it is like the NX7 pros are mimicking a higher end sound. The H40 is a high end sound is the best way to describe it. That stage element is key here. The H40 stage is way more spacious sounding and that throws the SQ into a different level.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #35 of 5,040
Your right sound balancing has some similarities. However what is the one knock on the NX7 earphones? Imagine NX7 pro with a wider deeper more enveloping stage. There is more 3Dness to the sound. It is like a higher end version of them. The mids have more depth and range. NX7 pro with carbon nantube bass is great but I want to say the H40 has more impact in the mid bass. Sub bass is very similar. NX7 might have the better texture in the sub regions but not by much. Treble has similar emphasis but due to the grander presentation on the H40, the precision of the treble is better realized on the H40. Piezo on the NX7 pros are responsible for the extension and super high treble but I do know some guys that are not fond of the sharper nature of the Piezo sound. The H40 sounds more natural in comparison. H40 I believe has a dual BA doing the treble work.

I asked Jim to consider throwing in them NX7 drivers and tuning in a larger shell to give it more stage. I would imagine if they did that it would be something similar to what ISN has done with the H40.

But somehow when you hear it. You really cant compare it to the NX7s. It has a power and immersion to the sound that is more than addictive. NX7 pros sound great especially for the price but it is like the NX7 pros are mimicking a higher end sound. The H40 is a high end sound is the best way to describe it. That stage element is key here. The H40 stage is way more spacious sounding and that throws the SQ into a different level.

sounds great then, i think i will take them, but you said they have more mid bass emphasize? because actually with NX7 pro i feel their bass is a bit over for me, just a little bit, and i prefer lower quantity of mid bass

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #37 of 5,040
As you all know a more emphasized bass can affect mids and even the treble end. Don't know if it is due to dampening or what they did but while the ISN H40 has good quality on the quantity of the bass. Bass is more dynamic than beefy if that makes sense. Bass acts like bass in that it is punchy when called for with a deep reaching rumble. Tracks that has no bass emphasis you aren't going to hear any bass emphasis. Bass has excellent control in the region which is a good sign of a higher end sound. Somehow with this bass being as dynamic as it is, the mids are left clean and bass does not overstep or overtake anything else. Mids region has its own character and I think this might be the main reason why the immersion factor is cranked up a notch or two and the reason why I keep saying they did a crazy good job with the tuning on these.

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #38 of 5,040
As you all know a more emphasized bass can affect mids and even the treble end. Don't know if it is due to dampening or what they did but while the ISN H40 has good quality on the quantity of the bass. Bass is more dynamic than beefy if that makes sense. Bass acts like bass in that it is punchy when called for with a deep reaching rumble. Tracks that has no bass emphasis you aren't going to hear any bass emphasis. Bass has excellent control in the region which is a good sign of a higher end sound. Somehow with this bass being as dynamic as it is, the mids are left clean and bass does not overstep or overtake anything else. Mids region has its own character and I think this might be the main reason why the immersion factor is cranked up a notch or two and the reason why I keep saying they did a crazy good job with the tuning on these.
Sounds exactly like the Tape lol

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #40 of 5,040
I remember first time I heard the H40 and It completely caught me by surprise. I wasn't hearing a $195 earphone. They reminded me a lot of my Ibasso IT04 in technicalities.. IT04 is more a neutrally tuned set vs the H40 but SQ wise. My goodness I couldn't believe it.

I am all about exposing what is good for the community. These need to be exposed. I honestly think they have to be a bench mark in the price range. As the SQ level is in par with earphones I own that cost over double of these. I think once a few more fellas get them these will blow up. Reason why I started this thread. Believe me they deserve it.

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #41 of 5,040
Sounds exactly like the Tape lol
This is a great quality to have.

I think I actually prefer the mids of the H40 over my IT04 actually. IT04 does have a slightly better extension in the treble and the bass end has less quantity with a bit better speed and quality. Has a wider stage but otherwise the SQ is most definitely on that level.

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #42 of 5,040
@Dsnuts just a question, can you drive the H40 with a phone? or a dap like the Hidizs Ap80? My friend just tried all my Iems and he liked the Tin hifi P1 the most, but it needs power so he cant drive it. The H40 might be something he likes too so I was wondering if it can work of a phone or the Ap80 which he has.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #43 of 5,040
If you get a chance, you need to listen to the NF Audio NA1. Bass and mids is as good as the H40 (to my ears), deep comfortable fit. The main difference is the treble, which is like ba treble. The NA1 is a single dynamic that sounds like a hybrid, 1dd/1ba. If there is a draw back for some it would be the slightly brighter signature, but treble is not harsh or ever sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back