ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Dec 18, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #3,391 of 5,038
I just freakin' love the EST50. Will look forward to your comparison with the H50...

Dec 18, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #3,393 of 5,038
Yes, looks promising. I'll skip my normal Christmas shopping in jp.
I'll buy a batch next month, including the Crystal, another set of Sedna earfit...
1639284051437.png
Please note I'm avoiding the Christmas rush.
I maybe buying after the new year, per my last Christmas (2020) experience.
I bought my stuff with long allowance, but still they spent their Christmas eve in a warehouse in Narita.
I'm avoiding that this year.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Radius-Deep-Mount-Earpieces-Impression/dp/B0756QMLKT?th=1

Dec 18, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #3,394 of 5,038
I also love my EST50s. They have it all, good bass, good midrange vocals, very detailed, airy and separate highs, and a very good soundstage. What more can I ask for?
Well, I can only ask for a comparison with the H50 too!

I have paired them with the Penon OS849 cable, which loses absolutely nothing of bass, and expands the soundstage and definition.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #3,395 of 5,038
I also love my EST50s. They have it all, good bass, good midrange vocals, very detailed, airy and separate highs, and a very good soundstage.
Exactly the same here, basically the EST50 is my end game.
I have not heard any TOTL, just curious how is the EST50 compared to any 1-2K TOTL out there, anyone ever compare?
Maybe @Dsnuts?

Cheers

Dec 18, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #3,396 of 5,038
Higher end earphones will put out a bit wider possibly a bigger sound profile. More technical, some will add more to the mids with more BAs, some will add a bit more to the treble end with extra BAs or EST drivers. Dynamic presentation for bass really is not going to be too much better per se just different. Big variation for how we all like our bass tunings will come into play here too.

To actually get better you're looking at paying double or triple the price for very little gains you're going to get for sound and the tuning could be not to your liking. The EST50 is easily maximizing each driver to full potential. Higher end stuff sounds great, but it comes with a stiff price to performance ratio.

Real bang for buck IEMs that I have found are sold up to the EST50 price point anything above that and you're looking at minimal gains if at that. I spent more than double the price for the EST50 for a 14BA earphone in the EE Zeus that don't sound nearly as musical as the EST50 so a lot of what each one of you are going for has to do with sound preference and what you're actually looking for in an earphone. On the other hand some might prefer the more treble mids focused Zeus more so than the EST50 as it has literally almost no bass to speak of.

This being said I do expect ISN to bring out something even higher end than the EST50 next year actually, we will see.

Dec 18, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #3,397 of 5,038
Higher end earphones will put out a bit wider possibly a bigger sound profile. More technical, some will add more to the mids with more BAs, some will add a bit more to the treble end with extra BAs or EST drivers. Dynamic presentation for bass really is not going to be too much better per se just different. Big variation for how we all like our bass tunings will come into play here too.

To actually get better you're looking at paying double or triple the price for very little gains you're going to get for sound and the tuning could be not to your liking. The EST50 is easily maximizing each driver to full potential. Higher end stuff sounds great, but it comes with a stiff price to performance ratio.

Real bang for buck IEMs that I have found are sold up to the EST50 price point anything above that and you're looking at minimal gains if at that. I spent more than double the price for the EST50 for a 14BA earphone in the EE Zeus that don't sound nearly as musical as the EST50 so a lot of what each one of you are going for has to do with sound preference and what you're actually looking for in an earphone. On the other hand some might prefer the more treble mids focused Zeus more so than the EST50 as it has literally almost no bass to speak of.

This being said I do expect ISN to bring out something even higher end than the EST50 next year actually, we will see.
As usual, quick and detail reply. Thanks a lot buddy

Dec 18, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #3,398 of 5,038
I recently picked up the Aroma Audio Thunder, and at a crazy price difference, while definitely more impressive, it speaks volumes for the EST50 that I can put down the Thunder and immediately get into the sound of the EST50 with thorough enjoyment.

I'm using this cable on the EST50, and it is awesome with the swappable plugs. I love the form factor more than anything... it's soft and pliant, and the entire length of the swappable jack and barrel is not much more than a standard one.

1639876187138.png

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #3,400 of 5,038
Can someone compare ISN H50 to Penon Globe since both are similary priced? i've had H40 and i liked them maybe this is something i would try
Will reply you very soon. A bit tied up atm...
:beerchug:

Dec 21, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #3,401 of 5,038
still waiting for the Serial & H50 to arrive
if anyone has a suggestion between EST50 and the Globes it would be great to hear.
next one will be either the Globes or the EST50 for me.

Dec 21, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #3,402 of 5,038
still waiting for the Serial & H50 to arrive
if anyone has a suggestion between EST50 and the Globes it would be great to hear.
next one will be either the Globes or the EST50 for me.
This is so sad to hear.
Still hoping you'll Get them very soon...

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #3,403 of 5,038
Can someone compare ISN H50 to Penon Globe since both are similary priced? i've had H40 and i liked them maybe this is something i would try
This will mainly depend on your preference, this is a subjective choice for you to make.
The Globe is one of the best Mids in any price range - full bodied, but not very thick in presentation, a tad warm, the treble is less bright compared to the '50, which is slightly emphasized (the treble).
The Globe has mid bass focused bottom end as opposed to the sub bass on the '50. Mids on the same (the '50) are neutral. very neutral compared to the Globe.
Technicalities - more detail retrieval on the '50. Pleasantness - more musically enjoyable on the Globes, albeit less on details, particularly lower trebles, but energetic just the same.
Staging - scale of imaging is larger on the Globe, stage depth - more holo on the '50.

IMG_20211221_112445.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #3,404 of 5,038
Guys, currently trying to lower the brightness/smoothen treble - to the H50 .
I have the penon mix cable + Final e eartips (which lowers also the peaks).
Will changing the cable to something like GD849/GD4 is substantial change to the penon mix?
Maybe I need to consider buying a warm dap?..hope not.
I have qudelix 5k and it's very nice for portability.
Because the H50 is such a great iem, wish not to change it because of my sensitivity.

Be well:)

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #3,405 of 5,038
Guys, currently trying to lower the brightness/smoothen treble - to the H50 .
I have the penon mix cable + Final e eartips (which lowers also the peaks).
Will changing the cable to something like GD849/GD4 is substantial change to the penon mix?
Maybe I need to consider buying a warm dap?..hope not.
I have qudelix 5k and it's very nice for portability.
Because the H50 is such a great iem, wish not to change it because of my sensitivity.

Be well:)
worse come to worst use the spinfit cp240.
This is total excessive brightness eradication level ear tip with the least compromise on treble performance - compared to foam tips.
I bought mine from Penon
https://penonaudio.com/spinfit-twinblade-cp220230240.html
Because, I do not know the level of tolerance on you - with my current experience with the H50, I'm just using the e-type black...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back