ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 30, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #3,333 of 5,040
Hello!! I wanted to share my experience with the recently acquired ISN SC4 cable that I use together with EST50, I will start by commenting that I have previously had many cables from NiceHCK and Xinhs, mid-range and high-end. The result has always been the same, slight minor changes, a little more weight on the bass perhaps, or a little more brightness on the highs, nothing more.

With SC4 it is the first cable that I notice a real change, with a perfectly noticeable and audible improvement, it has a high purity copper part that manages to maintain the great bass of EST50, but with an authority, definition and without dirtying the other frequencies, which is better than expected. The rest of the conductor is pure silver that at mid and high frequencies provides exceptional clarity and separation, apart from perceiving a larger stage, I did not think that a cable could make such a big change until I tried SC4.

I apologize for my low level of English and the use of the translator.

Regards!!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #3,335 of 5,040
1638358888346.png

Dec 1, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #3,336 of 5,040
Maybe I'll have to give that ISN SC4 cable a try w/ the EST50 next time I order some things from Penon.

I sure didn't expect to enjoy the EST50 as much as I am. It's become my go to everyday IEM to listen to at work, and is racking up a whole lot of hours! It's so comfortable, I forget I'm wearing it, and the sound is the perfect blend of punchy lows with excellent mids and treble, all while having a very large soundstage. I thoroughly enjoy using it out of my L&P W2 each day.... Great IEM!

Dec 1, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #3,337 of 5,040
I think the improvements are very interesting and it justifies spending that money on a cable with these characteristics.

In fact I am so happy, that I will buy another penon / isn cable to complement my Itsfit Fusion. I think the ones that offer the best value without going over the $ 300 mark are the ISN AG8 and Penon Leo Plus. I'm just trying to figure out which one improves the sound the most, keeping or pushing the bass forward a bit.

Dec 1, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #3,338 of 5,040
I found the Penon Flow all silver works wonders for the EST50. This IEM really scales up with a really good cable. It has an amazing ability to highlight voices and treble detail, plus the all silver tightens up and adds detail to the low end (which there is an abundance of!). It hangs in there with the super high-end stuff with my cable upgrade.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #3,339 of 5,040
I think the improvements are very interesting and it justifies spending that money on a cable with these characteristics.

In fact I am so happy, that I will buy another penon / isn cable to complement my Itsfit Fusion. I think the ones that offer the best value without going over the $ 300 mark are the ISN AG8 and Penon Leo Plus. I'm just trying to figure out which one improves the sound the most, keeping or pushing the bass forward a bit.

If you want the effects of pure silver but want that full bass end. Try the Penon Mix which cost less than both cables mentioned. Might be what your looking for.

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #3,340 of 5,040
It's hard for me to decide since Itsfit Fusion offers a very full and organic sound, detailed, very wide scene, decent bass, good mids, but it stands out offering a high end sometging bright and that stands out above the rest.

The idea is to keep the treble at bay, making it feel a little softer / silky, keeping the rest of the qualities and giving space to the bass.

Based on what I read, with copper / gold they get that effect but by making the scene smaller and the sound more intimate. I thought that with some superior cable I could get those improvements without sacrificing scene and details, but maybe that's not possible.

With SC4 Fusion it performs well but silver keeps the highs in the foreground and I would like to get more balance. Maybe I'm asking too much.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #3,341 of 5,040
Copper cables don't narrow a stage but at the same time don't enhance a stage like silver. If your earphone has a tuning that also has a wide stage your not going to loose that stage using a copper based cable. Its just that your perception of stage changes with silver as silver influences the treble and detail aspects of your earphone making it sound more spacious as a side effect. Copper influences more the mids and bass which while smoothening some of the treble aspects of the tuning. This in turn makes it seem like there is a slight decrease of stage.

To achieve what you want, GS849 is what I would try for it.

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #3,342 of 5,040
Hola,
pero GS849 no tiene cobre en el exterior, ¿no es así? es de cobre con baño de oro y plata. Entonces, ¿podemos sentir también los efectos del cobre?
No entiendo bien el "plated". No sé si el sonido circula solo por fuera, o también penetra dentro del filamento.

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #3,343 of 5,040
Hi,
but GS849 doen't have copper on the outside, does it? It is made of copper with a gold and silver plated. So, can we also feel the effects of copper too?
I don't understand well the "plated". I don't know if the sound circulates only outside, or also penetrates inside the filament.
Thanks.

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #3,344 of 5,040
If so, and the interior is important too, then it could also be a good cable to increase the bass and expand soundstage the Penon OS849, right?

Inside good copper, outside 10 microns of pure silver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back