ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #3,286 of 5,040
First impressions, great bass, wonderful mids and treble. The sound sometimes leaves a feeling of wanting more in every pause, it is like the sound fade away and return swiftly. Might be because it is not mid or treble focused. Nevertheless, bass isn't overpowering (most of the times) the mids and treble, it just more front than usual.
Very enjoyable from first impression, the guitar sounds awesome and even crowded music sounds clear & smoothly! 😀
There're songs (a fast example: Billie Eillish- Your power ) that are taking you in some bubble far away, surrounded with immersing sound, feeling nice vibration from top down.
The more I listen it does open up more and clear it more...
I not sure it needs at all equalizing.. Maybe, maybe to lower some of the bass a notch, but it also be due to out of box listening .
Soon I'll have with it also Penon mix cable, Xuduoo TA20 tube amp, Geshelli J2 dac.
So apparently, there is more left to expect. :)

Thanks dear @Dsnuts ! :wink: really happy with this pick .

Attachments

• IMG_20211112_165219.jpg
    IMG_20211112_165219.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #3,287 of 5,040
One word of advice on the EST50. Make sure you just let them play music for a week straight and forget about them. The bass dynamic and the ESTs need burn in. Your gonna wonder why folks love the EST50 when you hear those out of the box. Lol. EST50 most definitely requires burn in.
For sure, will do. I'll definitely listen for that first week or so though, to get an idea of the baseline that it improves from.

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #3,288 of 5,040
Trying out the Azla Sedna Crystals today. They’re a very short, shallow tip yet they fit me real snug. Perform well so far on both the H40 and EST50.

Attachments

• 0B2E74D9-6B21-411B-AF67-1751B8A11E59.jpeg
    0B2E74D9-6B21-411B-AF67-1751B8A11E59.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 3A74AA92-0042-40C6-BD11-1E9D76E237E8.jpeg
    3A74AA92-0042-40C6-BD11-1E9D76E237E8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #3,290 of 5,040
Glad you guys are finally getting them. One thing I encourage you guys to try is. After they get some run in of course. But try out your nicer cables you guys have on hand. You will see just how much they scale to better cables.

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #3,292 of 5,040
Nov 13, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #3,293 of 5,040
Can anyone speak on how the H50 handles Metal?
Nothing else matters- Metallica
Guitar and drums sounds great, with nice sub bass and slam, vocal sound farther than instruments also because of this song.
In addition, sound flows and surrounds gently. Solo vocal with guitars sounds especially clean.

Run to the hills- Iron Maiden
Electric guitars and drums sound wonderful, warmish and sweet. Vocals sound clean with the instruments especially clean. Vocals are more front the before closer to the line of the instruments. Imaging is very good on both songs.

I enjoyed this songs very much.
PS this has been done on the S8 stock cable+ Qudelix 5k dac/amp, with final E eartips.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #3,294 of 5,040
Very first impressions on the H50 is wide Soundstage and more mature sound over the H40 (on Shanling M6 with stock cable in 4.4mm). Bass and mid bass are a little reduced compared to the H40. I am burning them in at the moment, hoping to a little more slam on the low frequencies after the DD settles in. I will swap cable with a very decent silver copper cable from cema electro acousti. I have the ISN GS4 in order to bring the H50 to its almost full potential.

Nov 15, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #3,297 of 5,040
EST50 in the house... Already like it out of the box. I realize bass will settle down some, but it's not even muddying things up much at all straight away. The sense of space is impressive even at this early point. It's a big time keeper for sure.

Nov 16, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #3,300 of 5,040
So few first impressions. Mind you it is a bit too early to be completely unbiased, when jumping from coloured tuning iem like EE EVO due to brain burn in. But i will try.

First i am really surprised that they are not any bigger than its predecessor as it is a trend now lol. Fit is the same magic that keeps me stuck with ISN iems.

Now the sound is really where its an improvement. It is very different from h40 tuning. But for me in a good way.
It is so much more refined.
H40 was a fun non fatiguing casual listen but it lacked refinement. And H50 jumps into this more revealing mature tuning with excellent control across the board. Its really rare at this price range.
Bass is now subbass focused allowing for some extra air in the signature.
Mids are on a slightly drier side focusing on clarity rather than lushness.
Treble is where i see massive improvements. I am running h50 on sp2000 so the area gets a slight boost. And this can make or break a deal. On h40 that boost was welcome to push treble into balance but at the same time revealed its crudeness. On h50 i don't hear that anymore. I think treble is a touch ahead of mids though. But it is well controlled.

This kind of tuning changes allows for more layered sound. The imaging has improved significantly. Which was a weak point of H40.

The bad?
it depends what you want. I have a feeling that my sp2000 is not the best pairing to form a most balanced set up. It is on a more revealing and dried sound side. so bear that in mind. I can see it lacking in some midbass and lower mids warmth for genres require require that region . But source pairing can help.
Mind you i am saying that after tip rolling.
Had settled on whirlwinds this time.
(Tried few variants of sednas, acoustune 07, final E pinks, Epros, spiral dots, spiral dots++ etc)

But i can tell you one thing: i am really fussy on what plays my dear Hans Zimmer. And i quite enjoyed it on these. Its a first entry level iem that i can say that about. With no bloatness or peaks. And pretty well separated and positioned instruments.

For me it is really much required refinement of H40. Maybe if they tuned a touch more midbass in it would have made a more all rounder? But i have a feeling my source is not doing it justice.

All in all if you want a glimpse of where high end iems can take you and you enjoy classical/orchestral music or any music that required technical prowess. H50 is for you.
There might be better options for rock unless you have a warm source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back