ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Apr 27, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #1,052 of 5,003
Hi, did Penon paid the return fee? Or you had to?
Because my H40’s right earpiece MMCX socket is bad, it’s loose and the music is skipping while walking.
I just wrote them today on AliExpress, and I’m waiting for the answer and I’m curious.
The cable’s male mmcx connectors are the same,
and the IEM’s female sockets are the same also. I have no problem with the left earpiece btw. There is just one difference, the right mmcx socket is like coming out from the shell, don't get me wrong, the socket itself does not moving, it's fixed in this position. It’s palpable and visible, and I think this causes the contact problem.
In my opinion, the Female MMCX jack/socket "sticking out" and not being flush should not affect its connection quality to the male mmcx jack on the cable. Both sides "look" OK.
But, I don't like to see the female jack on the (Right?) earpiece not being flush like the other one. IF it had been pulled out by ISN during some testing, etc when removing an mmcx cable; THAT could have broken/loosened some solder connection inside the earpiece. Anyway my 2 cents. Still looks like a manufacturing defect...

Apr 27, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #1,053 of 5,003
In my opinion, the Female MMCX jack/socket "sticking out" and not being flush should not affect its connection quality to the male mmcx jack on the cable. Both sides "look" OK.
But, I don't like to see the female jack on the (Right?) earpiece not being flush like the other one. IF it had been pulled out by ISN during some testing, etc when removing an mmcx cable; THAT could have broken/loosened some solder connection inside the earpiece. Anyway my 2 cents. Still looks like a manufacturing defect...
Hm, the left earpiece connection is pretty massive, hard to spin, and no waggling. The right earpiece connection is not so great, spinning and waggling easly. I see this "sticking out" difference only between the two side.

Apr 27, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,054 of 5,003
Hm, the left earpiece connection is pretty massive, hard to spin, and no waggling. The right earpiece connection is not so great, spinning and waggling easly. I see this "sticking out" difference only between the two side.
Thanks, did not realize you could feel the mmcx connection being loose. Have seen folks write about how to adjust the connectors to make a tighter connection... With fine tweezers you gently squeeze the two halves of the small center connector that the male pin fits into. Have NOT needed to try this myself yet... ( And to modify a poor Male connector (like on cable, the outer connector is widened a bit) see this video: https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/...ction-in-the-mmcx-connector/1760945607296298/ )
That female connector sticking out that much is poor Quality Control/Installation Issue for sure.

Apr 27, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #1,055 of 5,003
Thanks, did not realize you could feel the mmcx connection being loose. Have seen folks write about how to adjust the connectors to make a tighter connection... With fine tweezers you gently squeeze the two halves of the small center connector that the male pin fits into. Have NOT needed to try this myself yet... ( And to modify a poor Male connector (like on cable, the outer connector is widened a bit) see this video: https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/...ction-in-the-mmcx-connector/1760945607296298/ )
That female connector sticking out that much is poor Quality Control/Installation Issue for sure.

Thank you, tomorrow i'll try this solution very carefully. But as i see it's a temporary solution because it could go back and become loose again.
This is my first mmcx iem, is this mmcx always like this?
Because there are a lot of people in this tread who are constantly changing the cable to find the best one, and they do not have a similar problem :thinking::worried:.
What is the normal behavior? no waggle/wobble, and spinning only under pressure?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #1,056 of 5,003
Thank you, tomorrow i'll try this solution very carefully. But as i see it's a temporary solution because it could go back and become loose again.
This is my first mmcx iem, is this mmcx always like this?
Because there are a lot of people in this tread who are constantly changing the cable to find the best one, and they do not have a similar problem :thinking::worried:.
What is the normal behavior? no waggle/wobble, and spinning only under pressure?
MMCX connectors are not really designed for multiple insertions, or the torque that gets put on them from earphones and cables moving around. They are rated to only 500 pairing cycles ... But not tested/designed for side/lateral stress that gets put on them in their adopted use with earphones. Eventually any connector will get loose. Some MMCX (Micro-Miniature Coaxial) connectors are better quality than others. Most in lower end ChiFi are likely low cost ones. I try not to switch cables once I find one I like; Seems like asking for problems if you change cables a lot.

Other connector reliability for example: USB A connector are rated for 1,500 cycles.. USB Mini 5,000 cycles USB Micro & USB C are rated for 10,000 insertion cycles.
Most 3.5mm Stereo Jacks are minimum of 1,000 Cycles. Some higher quality 3.5mm TRS jacks are rated 10,000 cycles....

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #1,057 of 5,003
I just tried to swap the cable sides, and it seems good now (L Cable to R earpiece, R cable to L earpiece)., i did not try this before, because both looked the same.
I'll do more tests today, and i will do this cable fix. It looks like the cable is the only problem here.

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #1,058 of 5,003
Damn, this situation really blows up on my face, i can't ship my D10 for replacement because of coronovirus. Today i learned from shipment company that there is restriction of shipments to overseas from my country.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #1,059 of 5,003
Good morning everyone...
Just wanted to let you know that H40 sounds great through Hiby R5's 4.4 out.
It's simply enormous bombastic sound
IMG_20200406_100705.jpg

H40 rules... :smiling_imp: :v:

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #1,060 of 5,003
Good morning everyone...
Just wanted to let you know that H40 sounds great through Hiby R5's 4.4 out.
It's simply enormous bombastic sound
IMG_20200406_100705.jpg

H40 rules... :smiling_imp: :v:
Yea I enjoy the H40 with R5 too.

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #1,062 of 5,003
Apr 30, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #1,064 of 5,003
Can't wait to try the ISN H40
20200428_230353.jpg

nicee moonstar got H40, can't wait for your opinions!! I always enjoy your review

Ordered H40 today after some recommendations. Lets see how they fare.
Ordered it for aliexpress, how low did it take you to get it guys?

mine was 3 days, I DHL them since i couldnt wait last time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back