ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Oct 4, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #2,988 of 5,040
Recently discovered something unexpected with the H40s. I was looking for more isolation and managed to squeeze on some tips I use on my ER2XRs, I think they are Future Sonics Earfills small. Anyways, they did certainly improve isolation as you'd expect, but what I didn't expect was an improvement to everything across the board! You have to deal with the fact that they are more intrusive, still comfortable for me to be honest, but you are rewarded in spades across the range. I honestly cannot believe the difference they have made.

Apologies for the rubbish phone picture, but this is what they look like, the extra clarity they have added is insane. I'd recommend this to anyone with a pair.

1633354082057.png

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #2,989 of 5,040
So I have been swamped with work and not able to get any quality time with the EST50 but now that I have I must say I am quite impressed by it... it's a much refined beast over the H40 but that was to be expected with the benefits of EST.

I think the DD / BA / EST formula seems to be a winning combination, if you've read my Tansio Mirai Land review you know how much I loved it and the EST50 is in the same sweet affordable yet high performing bracket. We're reaching levels of refinement and performance in this bracket that is simply unheard of and that's refreshing given the insane price trend in the upper segment. This is undoubtedly the best value for money you'll get these days.

I need more time with EST50 but let me just say when someone like me with plenty of TOTL around gets a smile on its face upon first listen it's always a good sign :) Also, reviewing this baby will be fun times! The tuning is right up my alley of fun and playful with excellent fundamentals. This is going to be an interesting shootout with the TSMR Land as well...
Which of the two do you prefer? Why?

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #2,990 of 5,040
Recently discovered something unexpected with the H40s. I was looking for more isolation and managed to squeeze on some tips I use on my ER2XRs, I think they are Future Sonics Earfills small. Anyways, they did certainly improve isolation as you'd expect, but what I didn't expect was an improvement to everything across the board! You have to deal with the fact that they are more intrusive, still comfortable for me to be honest, but you are rewarded in spades across the range. I honestly cannot believe the difference they have made.

Apologies for the rubbish phone picture, but this is what they look like, the extra clarity they have added is insane. I'd recommend this to anyone with a pair.

1633354082057.png

Mind sharing the link. Thanks...
1633357044046.png

No joy in the amazon.uk site

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #2,992 of 5,040
I don't believe anybody has a set of the EJ07M yet. I've seen a couple folks mention they placed an order. Only info I have seen on it was from their US Rep that moderates a couple discord channels. Whether he newer model is comparable to the OG remains to be seen. I think the EJ07m is a "mass produced" variant with a different tune. Less labor in the manufacturing of the shell accounts for the lower price I would guess.
If the 50 is anything like the 40 count me out. I not a fan or recessed mids.They are just not good and I own them.

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #2,993 of 5,040
If the 50 is anything like the 40 count me out. I not a fan or recessed mids.They are just not good and I own them.

Interesting, I don't perceive the mids as recessed and I'm someone who demands good mid presence. I think they're brilliant in their price bracket. What would be your choice instead?

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #2,994 of 5,040
I concur. I did not like the H40 also, but for me, the gripe was the everpresent bass, which just never seemed to leave the scene. Ruins the experience. And I heard the one with the mesh mod also.

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #2,996 of 5,040
IMG_1195.jpeg

Since I got my hands on the H40 (mesh modded, ePro EP00), I've owned the following IEMs:

- FiiO FD5
- Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk
- Moondrop Variations
- UM 3DT
- UM MEST
- Tanchjim Hana 2021

I've since sold everything on the list, and kept only the H40. Don't get me wrong, the MEST and Variations were a step up in some areas technically, but the H40 aren't far off at all, and beat them all in terms of sheer engagement factor to my ears.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #2,998 of 5,040
What did you do to help the recessed midrange. The slightly over full bass. They are not awful and I still have pair just sitting in the box.

Off the top of my head:

1. Mesh mod
2. ePro EP00 / Azla Sedna tips
3. Run them in

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #2,999 of 5,040
Always better Mids w/ the E-pro...
E-PRO.jpg

Another Mids enhancer Tips to consider...
1633782990355.png

Oct 9, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #3,000 of 5,040
IMG_1195.jpeg

Since I got my hands on the H40 (mesh modded, Azla Sedna Light Shorts), I've owned the following IEMs:

- FiiO FD5
- Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk
- Moondrop Variations
- UM 3DT
- UM MEST
- Tanchjim Hana 2021

I've since sold everything on the list, and kept only the H40. Don't get me wrong, the MEST and Variations were a step up in some areas technically, but the H40 aren't far off at all, and beat them all in terms of sheer engagement factor to my ears.
No way man... Seriously???
And I thought I was the biggest advocate of the H40s sound profile????????!!!!!!!
Been troubled lately about my next purchase coming in a month or two...
Variations or EST50???????
anything to contribute on this??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back