ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #136 of 5,030
y8nvxu343h521.jpg
Oh dang you better stay away from Empire Ears Zeus. These will most definitely rape your ears. .
To be fair I like this graph better.
NEfRXySPS8iuB1wt1CGV_NlDxpJbpT6q2eFnBv1yo_Image%20from%20iOS%20(3).jpg

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #137 of 5,030
Wish these were more readily available across AE. That way I might have a chance to try them after a 11/11 type sale.

Very tempted to find out how much of an improvement over DM6 especially in the bass area.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #138 of 5,030
Wish these were more readily available across AE. That way I might have a chance to try them after a 11/11 type sale.

Very tempted to try as hearing it’s a good improvement over DM6 especially in the bass area.
Oh yes, the bass on the H40 is tactile. The treble is also less intense than the dm6. The shell is a little bigger and heavier but they are very comfortable for me. DM6 is not on rotation anymore

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #139 of 5,030
I agree with Dsnuts about graphs. I think they can give you a general idea of the sound signature but nothing specific, only my ears can do that. My ears hear a rather smooth treble without a spike. One of my harsh treble guides is Paul Simon's "You can call me Al" where the whistling part can ge quite piercing to me on some earphones, but not the H40.

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #140 of 5,030
Wow, Zeus looks literary like a peak :D
I know that in the end u must listen to understand what's it like but now there are sooo much different hype models (especially in chi-fi) which u can't listen yourself. Graph and owners' opinions are the only options to slightly understand if this one will fit you right
Besides H40 now I'm looking at Kanas Pro and Tri I3 (planar for mids sounds interesting) by the way. Waiting for more people to get their H40 and I3, cause this is a really tough choice)

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #143 of 5,030
I just did an A/B. And believe it or not they both have similar mid range performance. Both have good timbre the Andro has the better sound separation by a hair. Both earphones are using aftermarket Optimized cables and I am hearing the same tracks going from one earphone to the other. the one I have on my andro S is a higher end pure Silver copper hybrid. But both have similar fullness and warmth in the mids. But I am comparing a $195 to a $1100 one.

Shows you how much diminishing returns comes into play here.

Truth is. I love my Andromeda S every since I heard them when Ken Ball handed his demo unit to me at Can Jam.. I knew I had to buy them right there and then. It is one of my most prized earphones.

How mind blown was I when I heard the H40 for the fist time only to hear a similar full bodied smooth mid range. Lol but with a much more punchier bass end and just a good a treble. I am still blown away by the H40. People have no idea how good these things are.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #145 of 5,030
SPC cables work the best with H40 and this is what I am using
_128_7noccSpc_4cThick_eid.jpg

From Aliexpress cost roughly $68ish. One of the best sub $100 cables on the market. Cable number 128 on Hakuzens list of cables. Really there is no need to upgrade the ISN S8 cable that comes with the H40. It is one of the few earphones that I have gotten that actually comes with an optimized cable. But since I had this cable I was using on my solaris. I decided to try it on the H40 and I can say this cable is a direct upgrade on the performance of the stock S8 cable.

I am using this cable on the Andro S. Electro Acousti Cable number 175 '

10394745.jpg

This cable cost as much as the H40. Lol.
I am actually afraid to try using this cable on the H40. Cant have my $195 earphone actually sounding better than my $1100 one. I bet it will sound nice with this cable. Will have to try it soon.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #147 of 5,030
One of the reasons why the H40 sounds as good as they do is because they tuned that earphone with the cable it comes with. It is exactly how they tuned them to be. The ISN S8 SPC cable it comes with is no throw in cable. I tried some higher end cables that didn't sound as good as what was on the H40. The previous cable was the exception. It was with much cable rolling believe me. The best aspect about a H40 order is that you can get that in balanced or single ended depending on the way you hear your earphones. No real need to update the cable. Stock cable sound great the way it is.

Cable rolling for the H40 really is for guys that want just a bit more from the H40. As if that is really needed but Cable number 128 is a silver plated alloy copper cable and it is the direct upgrade on the ISN S8 cable.

Dec 22, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #148 of 5,030
I just did an A/B. And believe it or not they both have similar mid range performance. Both have good timbre the Andro has the better sound separation by a hair. Both earphones are using aftermarket Optimized cables and I am hearing the same tracks going from one earphone to the other. the one I have on my andro S is a higher end pure Silver copper hybrid. But both have similar fullness and warmth in the mids. But I am comparing a $195 to a $1100 one.

Shows you how much diminishing returns comes into play here.

Truth is. I love my Andromeda S every since I heard them when Ken Ball handed his demo unit to me at Can Jam.. I knew I had to buy them right there and then. It is one of my most prized earphones.

How mind blown was I when I heard the H40 for the fist time only to hear a similar full bodied smooth mid range. Lol but with a much more punchier bass end and just a good a treble. I am still blown away by the H40. People have no idea how good these things are.

you did it to me
h40.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back